Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Did you fancy Maggie Thatcher?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Her greatest pluses must have been defeating Scargill and the unions and making Neil Kinnock look stupid and ill informed at every PMQ Just think of what she would have done to Corbyn.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Her greatest pluses must have been defeating Scargill and the unions and making Neil Kinnock look stupid and ill informed at every PMQ Just think of what she would have done to Corbyn.

Defeat Scargill? Don't make me laugh - he followed a strategy which ensured the NUM would lose and the pits would close, and he ended up doing very well out of Thatcher. One might even suspect brown envelopes (in lieu of the peerage, which might have been just too embarrassing for both sides). Allies in a common cause, those two - destroy the mining community and feather your own nest ('No such thing as society', after all).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
then selling the ex council house for a large profit when parents pass on, so not all bad.

That works well. Haven't you noticed people sleeping on the pavements these days?

Just waiting for their parents to die, are they? Well, that's alright then. I'll bet they say their prayers to St. Margaret every night.

:facepalm:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I like Gillian Anderson as an actress and consider her fit as funk. Casting her in this role is putting sex appeal in where in truth it could not be lower.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I like Gillian Anderson as an actress and consider her fit as funk. Casting her in this role is putting sex appeal in where in truth it could not be lower.

Quite. In a parallel universe (one in which I was young, fit, and with a six-pack to die for) Ms.Anderson might well be in with a chance. Thatcher, however, would come a bad second in a straight race with a rancid dead rat.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yep - their children (living forever in rented accommodation) must e so proud........

I remember the day when lower income workers were means tested and allotted council houses. When they started to earn more some moved on and then the circle revolved. Selling council houses was wrong......... unless more were built to allow for the new influx of lower paid workers. That never happened did it ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

George Clooney to play Michael Foot ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mitterand said something along the lines of Thatcher having "the eyes of Caligula and the mouth of Marilyn Monroe".

And the teeth of Hilda Ogden.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Margaret Thatcher was the right person in the right place at the right time. Anyone who lived through the 1970's when the communist-led trade unions were deliberately wrecking our industries and our economy would recognise this.

Put me down for a 'y'.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Margaret Thatcher was the right person in the right place at the right time. Anyone who lived through the 1970's when the communist-led trade unions were deliberately wrecking our industries and our economy would recognise this.

Put me down for a 'y'.

Wise words. But a n from me

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Put me down for a 'y'.

Well, I quite liked Tony Blair. But I wouldn't shag him :shrug:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Put me down for a 'y'.

I lived through the 1970s and I totally disagree. I would admit the unions were a problem, but she went way too far.

And as for fancying her...... absolutely NOT! ����

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here