Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Man Utd? Anyone?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I cannot believe some of the marks on here WE LOST THE GAME which is the whole point of going there and playing it. Having 95% possession 20 shots on target and losing means nothing in May.

Oh shut up you ignorant bore. Yes, we lost, away to Manchester United by one single goal. We played exceptionally well considering the quality and form of the opposition and were unlucky not to get something from the game. I'll assume you weren't at the game based off such stupid comments, but given your reputation as NSC's most clueless poster, I wouldn't be surprised to learn you were in fact there. Being overly negative to make it seem as though you are capable of meaningful analysis, just to prop up your pathetic delusions of grandeur is unbelievably frustrating, given how much the players put into the performance yesterday. They looked absolutely gutted at the end and your embarrassing comments (along with all others who can't help but slag off certain individuals) are frankly disrespectful to Chris and the team.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Button 6 Almost saved the penalty, unlucky.
Montoya 6
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Bong 7 Pen was a tad harsh but other than that he looked really good. Offered a lot down the left, kept Lingard quiet (who was eventually subbed)
March 6.5 Nice touches, was relatively productive but just needed more of a final product. Kept possession well, something the team as a whole has improved on massively.
Gross 6 Goal, but didn't contribute as much as he can do. Not bad, want more key passes.
Stephens 8.5 MOTM Just edges Dunk, great on the ball, positioning excellent, lots of interceptions and tackles.
Propper 6.5 + 0.5 for an outrageous assist. Again not bad, but can do more.
Locadia 6.5 Quite quiet, but his pace and power was a threat. Like March, some nice touches, linked with Bong well at times.
Murray 5 Missed a good chance first half, looked a little off the pace.

Andone 6 A nuisance, didn't get a chance.
Knockaert 6 Busy, made efforts to change the game but final ball quite lacking. Slightly wasteful on some occasions but very energetic
Kayal 6 Did his job, added energy to the midfield.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh shut up you ignorant bore. Yes, we lost, away to Manchester United by one single goal. We played exceptionally well considering the quality and form of the opposition and were unlucky not to get something from the game. I'll assume you weren't at the game based off such stupid comments, but given your reputation as NSC's most clueless poster, I wouldn't be surprised to learn you were in fact there. Being overly negative to make it seem as though you are capable of meaningful analysis, just to prop up your pathetic delusions of grandeur is unbelievably frustrating, given how much the players put into the performance yesterday. They looked absolutely gutted at the end and your embarrassing comments (along with all others who can't help but slag off certain individuals) are frankly disrespectful to Chris and the team.

My point is that we played reasonably well, although I believe United took their foot off the gas when 2 up, hence we were able to push them late on but I do not like to be a good loser.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Whilst I didn’t go to the game, I cannot believe the staggering differential in player ratings. It makes a mockery of the thread!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Getting a bit bored with the constant low rating of Groß.

Looking better every week in his role in midfield 3

Feel people expecting him to be doing what he was last season but from a far deeper role.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Getting a bit bored with the constant low rating of Groß.

Looking better every week in his role in midfield 3

Feel people expecting him to be doing what he was last season but from a far deeper role.

Don’t know why, was ordinary yesterday and is only just beginning to get ‘match fit’.

His defensive play on the second goal was ridiculously poor, completely sold himself.

I actually think he is escaping criticism in the main due to others being unfairly targeted (I.e. Bong yesterday, March other times).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Button 7
Montoya 6
Dunk 9 -- sublime
Duffy 8
Bong 6 -- bad mistake for the penalty, they had a general tactic of allowing us to pass the ball to him, as they were aware that his passing radar isn't up to much and that he'd hold on to the ball for too long and diminish the threat. Still solid defensively, but I'd be delighted if Bernardo is back for Fulham
March 6 -- I'm far more of a fan of him than others, but his form has dipped of late. Knockaert probably deserves a start
Gross 5 -- his form has also dipped; great finish though
Stephens 8.5 -- commanding performance; great passing
Propper 8 -- outrageous skill for the goal
Locadia 6
Murray 4 -- most unlike him to miss the target; his form has plummeted of late. With a bit of luck he'll come good and find a scoring streak in the run that we've got over the next two months, but I'm more than a little concerned that we're not going to see too much more of him (or if we do, we won't be overenamoured with what we see)

Knockaert and Andone 6; Kayal 5

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
6 - average

Button - 7
Montoya - 5
Bong - 4
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 8
Locadia - 5
Stephens - 7
Propper- 7
March - 5
Gross - 6
Murray- 5

Knockaert - 6
Andone - 5

Hughton 8

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I cannot believe some of the marks on here WE LOST THE GAME which is the whole point of going there and playing it. Having 95% possession 20 shots on target and losing means nothing in May.

This thread is about individual player ratings, not overall result ratings. Yes we lost which of course is bad and resulted in zero league points and another small dent in the goal difference, but the players individually did play well - if they hadn't we'd have lost 12-0.

I'd also maintain that for us losing 2-1 away to Man U isn't actually a bad result in itself. We gave a good account of ourselves and we weren't thrashed, so I'd imagine the players are just feeling disappointed that they couldn't get a result away at one of the top sides as opposed to having their confidence destroyed by a heavy defeat. That in itself is a good result.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don’t know why, was ordinary yesterday and is only just beginning to get ‘match fit’.

His defensive play on the second goal was ridiculously poor, completely sold himself.

I actually think he is escaping criticism in the main due to others being unfairly targeted (I.e. Bong yesterday, March other times).

I disagree, he is improving every game in the position and is actually involved in pretty much everything we do well with the ball. However he is now involved far earlier in the build up rather than producing the final ball, and on several occasions is out furthest player back.

I will admit he needs to improve his game without the ball, defensively he is not up to it yet.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
My point is that we played reasonably well, although I believe United took their foot off the gas when 2 up, hence we were able to push them late on but I do not like to be a good loser.

“Took their foot off the gas “. Bollocks. If they could have put 6 passed us they would, our better performance in the 2nd half was the reason they did not add to their total. Their problem was that of all their attempts they only had 25% on target, of our attempts there were 50% on target.
Have you not heard of goal difference ?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Being overly negative to make it seem as though you are capable of meaningful analysis, just to prop up your pathetic delusions of grandeur is unbelievably frustrating, given how much the players put into the performance yesterday

Back. Of. The. Net.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Easy one this week as we were superb.

Button 8: best and most confident performance so far. Great distribution and a couple of key saves

Montoya 7: struggled at times with Rashfords pace but still did a solid job

Bong 7: two mistakes and a hesitancy in getting the ball in the box overshadowed an otherwise excellent performance by one of our most hardworking and underrated players. He’s not Bernardo and he probably knows this but he never fails to give us 100%

Dunk & Duffy 9: outstanding as usual and difficult to say one was better than the other.

March 6: other than one or two key plays, disappointing yet again.

Locadia 7: improving every week. Distribution was excellent and caused United issues.

Stephens 7: excellent today back to his best I thought.

Propper: 9.5: been simply brilliant this season so far. Proving to be a thorn in a lot of teams side. We will struggle to keep him in the summer.

Gross: 8: huge improvement and probably his best game this season. Great finish to his goal and great work rate. Did a lot off the ball which caused United issues in the second half.

Murray 6: hard working huff and puff performance from Muzza. However he is looking leggy. I’d be switching him and Andone round especially as I think a fresh Murray would have caused more issues late second half than one starting. Can’t complain too much though as he still drags defenders away and pulls them out of position

Knockaert 7: excellent again when he came on. Deserves to be first choice instead of March for me.

Kayal 6: as effective as he always is. Never fails to give less than 100% will look forward to seeing him start against West Brom next week.

Andone 7: stretched united caused them real problems. Needs to be first choice striker now.

Overall 8/10: possession stats don’t do us justice. We were brilliant yesterday and deserved to take something from the game. UTA

Yep

Stumpy Tim

Button - 7. Not that much to do, though great save from Martial
Montoya - 6. Decent
Bong - 6 - Actually pretty good, though slowed play down too much sometimes & obviously the penalty
Dunk - 8 - MOTM
Duffy - 7
Locadia - 6
Stephens - 7
Propper- 8. Ran Dunk close for MOTM. He's the only player we have that is comfortable playing fast, one-touch passes. Would be brilliant in a better team to be honest
March - 5 - Good moments, but always let himself down with his decisions
Gross - 6 - This role doesn't suit him IMO. Bissouma would be a better bet when fit
Murray- 5. Tried hard, but Andone needs to play. Murray is going through one of those spells that all forwards do

Knockaert - 6
Andone - 5
Kayal N/A

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It seems some people give the same scores to the same players regardless . . . just because.

We went away to Man Utd and gave them a decent game. If up to 4 of our players had really turned in 5 out of 10 performances (as per some of the scoring so far) we’d have been thrashed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here