Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Pröpper cross

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Obviously showboating, not even a mention on MOTD.

Which really pissed me off...

Any other Top 6 player who did that would have been carried aloft the shoulders of Right said Fred and Gary Leicesterker and paraded to the world. When you play for Brighton you could score with your pecker from 70 yards and not get a mention. :glare:

It also looked like playing Brighton, even if you're Man Utd, slides you down a few spots on MoTD. We appear to carry some form of handicap!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Motd showed our goal and that was it...Brighton didn't contribute anything else in the game

This pissed me off. The last 15 minutes was all us and the only thing they showed was a free kick which came to nothing just as the final whistle went.

It made the single line used from Chris's interview, seem completely deluded.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And yes.. I can't wait for his first goal.
Hopefully it will be in front of the North, or the winner against Palace.

The bloke is a class act.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Motd showed our goal and that was it...Brighton didn't contribute anything else in the game

Whilst it is no surprise it is disappointing MOTD made it all about ManU especially as they end the highlights with the stat we had 5 shots on goal and nearly 50% possession but make it look like plucky little minnows had to defend like hell.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
It also looked like playing Brighton, even if you're Man Utd, slides you down a few spots on MoTD. We appear to carry some form of handicap!!

We were the first match shown last week. Definitely felt like 4th match in was about the right slot for ours last night, can't argue with Wolves vs Leicester, and Liverpool vs Palace being ahead of ours.

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
His turn just before the pass is also worthy of a mention - almost put the defender on his backside.

Yep.

t2.gif

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Whilst it is no surprise it is disappointing MOTD made it all about ManU especially as they end the highlights with the stat we had 5 shots on goal and nearly 50% possession but make it look like plucky little minnows had to defend like hell.

That's how it is going to be until the end of the season. Soskjaer is the ''Media Darling'' at the moment and they want to use every United Victory as a stick to beat Jose Mourhino with between now and the end of the season and the only way they can do that is to keep highlighting the changes in attitudes and attributes of the United players.

Propper was superb yesterday.

Jul 7, 2003
Which really pissed me off...

Any other Top 6 player who did that would have been carried aloft the shoulders of Right said Fred and Gary Leicesterker and paraded to the world. When you play for Brighton you could score with your pecker from 70 yards and not get a mention. :glare:

Everyone knows by now that we never get the fair share of our chances shown on MOTD. If there is an away game I can't get to then I always record the 30 minute official Premier League highlights that are shown overnight on Sky. Generally get a much more balanced set of highlights which is about 25 minutes of action and no analysis.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Pundits ought to be be embarrassed. There should never be a match where, from their comments, you don't know the other team. Aside from MoTD, also getting a bit hacked off about Big Six bias in so many ways and it really devalues the Premier League. OK, not quite Big Six bias, but particular focus for my ire this week was Salah repeating his both legs up, backwards bum drop that he did against Gross to win his penalty. This week against Palace and the pundits to a man saying it was an obvious dive when it wasn't given, yet against us, the same move was an obvious penalty when it was given..

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
His turn just before the pass is also worthy of a mention - almost put the defender on his backside.

....and after he strikes it, having put his weight through the ball in an improbable manner, the way he need nonchalantly wanders off like a satisfied golfer.
Jose did similar after spanking the ball at West Ham last season. Very cool.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
If Pogba had played that cross, they'd have been wetting themselves about it on MOTD, saying it justified his £80M fee and replaying it 20 times.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
No doubts in my mind Pröpper has improved a lot since his first few games , looks to have potential for even more progress which is very encouraging ... the only negative is sometimes he looks nervous & that leads to the odd mistake , something that more game time & experience will surely eradicate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here