Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong & March

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Our weakest players by far.

I know Bong is only playing as Bernado is injured, but I'd be tempted to play Bruno on the left Bong is that poor. And how March keeps playing ahead of Knocky is beyond me.

Both Bong & March today looked bereft of ideas going forward and were always looking to break down our attcks by hesitancy, sideways passing or just plain not beimg able to see a pass.

There was one moment today where March had about 3 opportunities to pull the trigger on the edge of their box but instead just kept going sideways until a Man U player nicked the ball off him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good to have the old faithfuls back.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our weakest players by far.

I know Bong is only playing as Bernado is injured, but I'd be tempted to play Bruno on the left Bong is that poor. And how March keeps playing ahead of Knocky is beyond me.

Both Bong & March today looked bereft of ideas going forward and were always looking to break down our attcks by hesitancy, sideways passing or just plain not beimg able to see a pass.

There was one moment today where March had about 3 opportunities to pull the trigger on the edge of their box but instead just kept going sideways until a Man U player nicked the ball off him.

They play for the same reason, both are very good at following CH's instructions and reliable in defensive duties. Bong & March have regularly won back their spots despite having more talented players in the squad

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

I think (according to the Radio Sussex commentary) that was immediately followed by United moving the ball upfield and Bong giving away the penalty. So if he'd pulled the trigger before losing the ball, no penalty and perhaps a different result?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm confused who are talking about Bong and March or Murray.
At this rate we will be starting games with only 5 players given that the rest have been voted the clubs worst players by some posters.

Its amazing that the only players to make mistakes are those that are playing and those that don't are the ones not starting.

I think for the West Brom game we should just start 11 new threads all headed lets talk about ..... With the opening lines all starting why is ..
.... In the team, Useless only started because its a cup game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
**** me, reading NSC tonight it seems some have morphed into entitled Premier League fans in record time. Should be beating teams like Liverpool and United.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Bong made a couple of mistakes and he also did a few things right. Some of his crossing was really good, then there was that moment in the second half where he seemed to take 10 minutes to decide what to do with the ball, he should have just put it in the box immediately.

If we are going to point out players making mistakes, Stephens made some today, including setting up Pogba for the overhead and giving away a foul in a dangerous position early on.

March seems to have great games and poor games and you never know which it will be which is frustrating. He certainly should have been more decisive when he had the ball on the edge of the box and messed about for an age coming inside before losing possession.

But we should cut our players a little slack though, playing away at Old Trafford is about the biggest challenge in world football and for the most part even those players who made some mistakes did Ok today, and despite some mistakes we ran an in form Man United pretty close.

It's a squad game, all our players should face competition for places, and they do, but we also need to be reasonable. Without us making £60M signings, I'm quite happy with the squad we have in terms of quality and character but we also have to accept that we aren't going to see perfection from everyone every week.

We ran United close at Old Trafford with our players probably playing at about a 7/10 for the most part. That's not half bad.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I'd be absolutely livid if I was Knocky, a blatently far superior player. Hughton's bizarre love for March absolutely blows my mind every time the team is announced. Every single time he's substitued we look far far more likely to create chances and/or score, and just a much better team in general. Never a prem standard player.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'd be absolutely livid if I was Knocky, a blatently far superior player. Hughton's bizarre love for March absolutely blows my mind every time the team is announced. Every single time he's substitued we look far far more likely to create chances and/or score, and just a much better team in general. Never a prem standard player.

:dunce: Really? WTF? We also look more likely to concede with Knocky on the pitch. March had so many balls pinged across field at him chest height today, yet he brought every single one of them down and retained possession. Rarely gave the ball away and looked a threat cutting inside. Knocky did similar but no better, he also played two shit corners in that barely beat the first man, and totally over hit two free kicks right at the death. And Knocky also lost the ball needlessly when we had a decent break on towards the end. See it is easy to pick holes in a players performance if you want to.

You see what you want to see by the evidence of this post. Both Knockaert and March have flaws at this level but both are Premier League standard players, to label March as not up to this standard but hailing Knockaert you are just showing your bias, imo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:dunce: Really? WTF? We also look more likely to concede with Knocky on the pitch. March had so many balls pinged across field at him chest height today, yet he brought every single one of them down and retained possession. Rarely gave the ball away and looked a threat cutting inside. Knocky did similar but no better, he also played two shit corners in that barely beat the first man, and totally over hit two free kicks right at the death. And Knocky also lost the ball needlessly when we had a decent break on towards the end. See it is easy to pick holes in a players performance if you want to.

You see what you want to see by the evidence of this post. Both Knockaert and March have flaws at this level but both are Premier League standard players, to label March as not up to this standard but hailing Knockaert you are just showing your bias, imo.

I wonder how Ovingdean would have seen the passage of play where AK cut in from the right, through the centre circle then booted the ball straight out of play, on the near side, had it been Solly instead.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm confused who are talking about Bong and March or Murray.
At this rate we will be starting games with only 5 players given that the rest have been voted the clubs worst players by some posters.

Its amazing that the only players to make mistakes are those that are playing and those that don't are the ones not starting.

I think for the West Brom game we should just start 11 new threads all headed lets talk about ..... With the opening lines all starting why is ..
.... In the team, Useless only started because its a cup game.

The same moaners are very fickle too. Just weeks ago we were told:

1. Petulant AK should leave, he’s a liability and not PL quality.
2. Andone’s a crocked failure of our striker recruiting department.
3. Locadia was accused of all sorts of things, including being a shit footballer.
4. Bissouma was a waste of money.

Now they’re all the second coming.

Whilst March was lauded for immense performances including against CP/The Diver. Now he’s a baddie.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here