Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong and Some of Our Fans

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of the biggest negatives of getting to the PL is the expectations and behaviour of some of our “newer” fans. I wonder what they would have said about Ashley Neal, Mark Farringdon, Richard Tiltman and Stafford Browne, to name a few.

That's far too measured a response. This is my view about how to deal with teenagers in tight trousers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS-6HCGCeik

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody can be naive enough to think this is a new phenomenon among Brighton 'fans'.

Back when we were in the fourth tier, at least they didn't wear tight trousers. There are some things I don't want to see, and the outline of a tiny cock is definitely one of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm at a total loss to try and work out why people thought Bongy had a bad game ? I thought he was excellent. The odd misplaced pass that's all. The 2nd half he was constantly pushing forward and doing his defensive work. And every time he did move forward he was waiting for his man ahead of him to run wide and take a defender with him or for him to play the ball to. His man ahead of him didn't make the runs so he was getting closed down. I think people are aiming the " you weren't at your best today". at the wrong player. Bongy was good.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Did you say anything before others intervened? Or did you wait for others to make the first move?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did you say anything before others intervened? Or did you wait for others to make the first move?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I didn't say anything as to be honest I don't want the grief plus you could get a ban, the kick off started from the row behind them however some in the row in front of us had a go at them as well verbally.

It did end with handshakes in the end but when someone adds the c word to the end of every sentence it is pretty crude and unnecessary in my view.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There were some ‘experts’ behind me too giving Bong dogs abuse all match and for some reason thinking Brighton’s second choice left back signed on a free transfer from Wigan should find it easy against a team who’s squad cost £600m

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm at a total loss to try and work out why people thought Bongy had a bad game ? I thought he was excellent. The odd misplaced pass that's all. The 2nd half he was constantly pushing forward and doing his defensive work. And every time he did move forward he was waiting for his man ahead of him to run wide and take a defender with him or for him to play the ball to. His man ahead of him didn't make the runs so he was getting closed down. I think people are aiming the " you weren't at your best today". at the wrong player. Bongy was good.

I think I know why, but I ought not mention that.

The upside of booing Bong is the last time we were here, I decided to pay close attention to him in the next couple of game.
As a result I now have a greater appreciation of his abilities and what he brings to the team.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I really do miss the old days of the proper fans, running the gauntlet at away games the Doc and his Tesco bag, 300 of us huddled at some northern shithole you could even go by yourself and still have a good day out. I often wonder what happened to this fine group of people as I hardly spot a friendly face at the Amex these days. New fans will never experience those wonderful away days that provided me with so many memories. It’s not what it was and will never be again.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think I know why, but I ought not mention that.

The upside of booing Bong is the last time we were here, I decided to pay close attention to him in the next couple of game.
As a result I now have a greater appreciation of his abilities and what he brings to the team.

Surely you’re not suggesting it has something to do with an Ali G catchphrase, are you?

Heaven forbid at good old Brighton and Hove Albion!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really do miss the old days of the proper fans, running the gauntlet at away games the Doc and his Tesco bag, 300 of us huddled at some northern shithole you could even go by yourself and still have a good day out. I often wonder what happened to this fine group of people as I hardly spot a friendly face at the Amex these days. New fans will never experience those wonderful away days that provided me with so many memories. It’s not what it was and will never be again.

Why can’t we discuss our current team without someone reverting to when we were shit all the time? Get over it and move on.
:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely you’re not suggesting it has something to do with an Ali G catchphrase, are you?

Heaven forbid at good old Brighton and Hove Albion!

The last time I did I roundly turned upon, which was absolutely fair enough.
The only problem was it still took 2 days for someone to actually come up with a different reason!

Bong can be great and can do some brilliant defensive play but can occasionally back that up with a Sunday League moment.
That stood up during my 'expert' analysis.

So if you're unable to see the good stuff (for whatever reason :whistle: ) you are left with the worst footballer ever.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

2-3 win at Bradford springs to mind; November 2006. We hardly ever won up north so it was an especially memorable win. In my mind we filled the upper tier, but probably only took between 500-1000. Always recognised half the people there on those long trips north. Dean Bowditch, anyone!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here