Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Been saying for weeks we are far better than the way we set ourselves up and today away at Old Trafford against a very in form Manchester United surely we have now shown that we are able to take on the best and beat the others.

We're a good team when we play to our strengths- top half team I'd suggest. Just need to do it consistently and pick the right team.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can't help but feel that there was a point to be won in that game for us, given how we finished.

We have players who can create real problems for the opposition - but not when they are sitting on the bench for three quarters of the game. Andone needs to start from here on in. Then we might have a chance of controlling games rather than heroically chasing them in the last 15 minutes but just falling short. Disappointed when I saw the team sheet, but not surprised sadly. Andone probably feels the same.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Plan A should not have been Plan A away from home.
We need pace and movement and Andone provides this up front and AK out wide.

We'll never know if that is the case, Hughton set up how he thought we could best get a result, when it didn't work, he changed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You'd have to say Andone and Knockaert rejuvenated the team, but we won the 2nd half and had the home crowd running scared, so well played. Need to play like that consistently in the games coming up now though, to pick up some much needed points.

SeagullSwede

Jan 14, 2019

Why doesn't Gyökeres get some minutes? I think he would do better than your manager seems to think.
He was the one who impressed the most for Sweden last week, despite being the youngest player in the squad.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Great effort , unlucky in the end , unexpected performance much more on the front foot than expected

In the end it has to be said ...... so much better once Andone & Knocky came on ... Murray & March were disappointing with Murray just not the same threat in the 4-3-3 formation

Overall proud of the performance just having to question the team selection as it didnt have a cutting edge & I dont see this system suiting Murray at all

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Plan A should not have been Plan A away from home.
We need pace and movement and Andone provides this up front and AK out wide.

Hang on you'll have Hughton knows best brigade on. Been obvious for a long time i'm afraid. Pace upfront is the way to go.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hang on you'll have Hughton knows best brigade on. Been obvious for a long time i'm afraid. Pace upfront is the way to go.

Yep. Andone has to start every game, he scares defenders, never stops running and has an eye for goal.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I enjoyed that.

The difference between that performance compared to our other away game this season in Manchester is huge.

now lets go on an d smash the other Albion and pick up some points against Fulham/Watford/Burnley.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We'll never know if that is the case, Hughton set up how he thought we could best get a result, when it didn't work, he changed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He changed it to what everyone wanted and again the change showed us to be a far better attacking force. Ho hum....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Hughton knows better than you otherwise you'd have his job.

#justsaying

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We played really well again yet as with last week with nothing to show for it having said that we are making steady progress

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bong at fault for the penalty. Bernardo will be 1st choice when he's back. Won the 2nd half1-0 at Man Utd. We belong in this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here