Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
All the pundits give us no chance. It's going to be very difficult to win at Old Trafford, we've never done it before. However, I don't understand why everyone is suddenly talking about United as world beaters since Solskjaer took over. They have played well, but their opponents have been Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Reading & Spurs. Only one of those they wouldn't have been big favourites to win. People talking about Solskjaer as a permanent appointment, (John Rollings has just done it on Fighting Talk) don't seem to have considered that he hasn't had to deal with any adversary yet. That is where managers earn their money and he didn't seem particularly outstanding at doing it at Cardiff.

They will lose a scrappy one sooner or later and it wouldn't be too surprising if it comes against a side that can put in a good defensive performance. (Probably Burnley next week after they've hammered us.)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have a feeling for this one...... under Solskjaer they've been having so much fun, playing this expansive game.... but the way we are able to blunt other teams that do this - we could be the first team to really ask them some questions under Ole - and with Fellaini missing their midfield could be a little weaker, Stephens has had Pogba's number the last couple of games..

I'm going for 1-1

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I have a feeling for this one...... under Solskjaer they've been having so much fun, playing this expansive game.... but the way we are able to blunt other teams that do this - we could be the first team to really ask them some questions under Ole - and with Fellaini missing their midfield could be a little weaker, Stephens has had Pogba's number the last couple of games..

I'm going for 1-1

Hmm.

Fellini has hardly played in their last 6 games. That sounds a bit like them saying Murray and Knocky slow our attack down when they haven’t been playing together...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm really optimistic about today.

Solskjaer's winning run has to come to an end at some point and I think we can surprise them with a draw. A late equaliser by Florin Andone. :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Really starting to think I am allergic to Man U games. Had a ticket and hotel booked for the cup game and had terrible stomach issues that meant I had to cry off. Had similar issues just before this season's game but managed to go and did toy with the idea of going today but decided against it. Good choice as despite just getting rid of a 2 week cold, I started an absolute streamer today. Cats and pollen I have heard of. Football teams not so much.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I'm really optimistic about today.

Solskjaer's winning run has to come to an end at some point and I think we can surprise them with a draw. A late equaliser by Florin Andone. [emoji106]
My optimism Ives or dies with the team selection.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I see [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] is arse licking United on that thread :rolleyes:

He has 141 posts on there. Proof, if proof were needed, that Care in the Community does not work. Still, at least he didn't managed to work Buckley, moats or an Ann Summers for the ladies into the thread.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I see [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] is arse licking United on that thread :rolleyes:
The general gist is ok mainly sensible comments until you come to Perseus is he on a wind up or just hasn't watched us recently?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The gaffer doesn't fancy 3 points today. :down:

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
0364E54D-132B-4EE6-8D82-5BC537876933.jpeg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Groß & Murray don’t have the pace to allow us to break effectively so perhaps we’re going for a draw?

I’d have liked Knocky & Andone playing.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointing

Very, although I doubt Murray will be as dominated as he was by VVD last week. I counted one header won by Murray. United, keeper apart, are nowhere near as solid at the back as Liverpool.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here