Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Where there's blame, there's a claim...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Back in the 70s we had the brain drain. Now its the drain blame. :rock::bigwave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Used to wonder what the dogs would do if I keeled over.
It turns out the answer is 'fook all'.

God help me if I ever fell down a well.

Never trust an animal. I require no recompense for this startling consultance. I appreciate that some claim to have been led to safety in distress by a charming robin or selfless wasp. Here's the bottom line. Its a ****ing animal. The moment you lower your guard, the ****er will kill and eat you. Fact. punk:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A mate of mine once broke his wrist after tripping on some dodgy paving in Croydon.
I've got no idea how he did it but his payout was a few grand. It's got to be worth doing, they're all insured for this kind of thing. If anything it should make them think a bit more about safety in the future.

Don't listen to the nonsense about increasing insurance premiums, they'll charge as much as they can get away with, they're just brainwashing people into not claiming. It's exactly the same principle as when you start work for a supermarket - they try and brainwash you to believe that if shoplifting didn't happen they'd pay the staff more money and drop the price of produce :facepalm:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
From Brighton Council website....

Public liability insurance claim

If you have had an accident on the public highway and wish to make a claim against Brighton & Hove City Council*because you believe the council has been negligent,*please inform us by completing the*public liability claim form (MS Word 1.1MB).*To avoid*delays*in processing please ensure that national insurance number and date of birth are included.
If unable to download the form from the link above, please contact the Insurance Section to request one is sent in the post.
Please return the completed form to*insurance.section@brighton-hove.gov.uk*or post it to:
Insurance Section, Brighton*& Hove City Council
3rd Floor, Bartholomew House
Bartholomew Square
Brighton
BN1 1JE

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, exactly why do you think the council are to blame? If they had left the drain up then maybe, but how do you know that some kids hadn't lifted it earlier in the day?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A mate of mine once broke his wrist after tripping on some dodgy paving in Croydon.
I've got no idea how he did it but his payout was a few grand. It's got to be worth doing, they're all insured for this kind of thing. If anything it should make them think a bit more about safety in the future.

Don't listen to the nonsense about increasing insurance premiums, they'll charge as much as they can get away with, they're just brainwashing people into not claiming. It's exactly the same principle as when you start work for a supermarket - they try and brainwash you to believe that if shoplifting didn't happen they'd pay the staff more money and drop the price of produce :facepalm:
Actually not all councils are insured for tripping claims. Many self insure and if they have robust maintenance systems they use section 58 defences to resist claims. The premiums are excessive.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Move on and don't look back (maybe look down next time). This suing culture (everybody does it) is causing a whole raft of problems especially for under funded public services. For example, schools banning kids from doing shit that we all think they should be able to do for fear of being sued, causing endless complaints but the fact is their funding is stretched as it is and they cannot afford to take the risk.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeh good one... Sue the council so they have even less money to spend on local schools & care for the elderly, over a few cuts and bruises. Top bloke.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeh good one... Sue the council so they have even less money to spend on local schools & care for the elderly, over a few cuts and bruises. Top bloke.

I'm impressed Husty, you caring about the elderly and local schools.....it's not true what most people on here think about you.
:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here