Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-20/1/19

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
FFS Darren Fletcher (I think) is currently banging on about Arsenal being no better now than 12 months ago.

He's pretty much saying half a transfer window is long enough to change the fortunes of a club who's previous regime was 20+ years

Emery was appointed before the summer 2018 transfer window opened.

Or are you referring to something else?

In that R5 discussion last night, I thought they were all largely scathing of Arsenal’s dealings, including post Wenger actions. All big fans of Ramsey, as are Juve, they can’t believe they’re letting him leave after withdrawing a contract offer.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Imagine if Dunk or Duffy were out-muscled/played like Maguire for the Wolves second. BG wouldn't be able to get on here quick enough.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Leicester really are an enigma and it could well be the manager. They can look so good going forward but often seem to only do it when behind as we saw to our cost.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In that R5 discussion last night, I thought they were all largely scathing of Arsenal’s dealings, including post Wenger actions. All big fans of Ramsey, as are Juve, they can’t believe they’re letting him leave after withdrawing a contract offer.

Seems to be a recurring theme. I saw an article on ESPN, and now there is a very similar one on the guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...y-emery-finance-stan-kroenke-champions-league essentially saying they so big on a handful of players who haven't all delivered (ozil, aubameyang, sanchez, lacazette, mkhitaryan) that they can't afford new players. This guardian one puts in the context of new sponsorship deals kicking-in in the summer and the hope there'll be more money to spend then, but it seems like they haven't spent well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Leicester really are an enigma and it could well be the manager. They can look so good going forward but often seem to only do it when behind as we saw to our cost.

Harvey Barnes is quality, I watched some of his loan games at WBA.

Since they won the title, many LCFC fans and some players have gone all entitled, ousting managers who don’t perfectly tick every criteria.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Emery was appointed before the summer 2018 transfer window opened.

Or are you referring to something else?

That's still only 1 transfer window where they did some decent business, all the while having the Ozil contract weighing the club down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seems to be a recurring theme. I saw an article on ESPN, and now there is a very similar one on the guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...y-emery-finance-stan-kroenke-champions-league essentially saying they so big on a handful of players who haven't all delivered (ozil, aubameyang, sanchez, lacazette, mkhitaryan) that they can't afford new players. This guardian one puts in the context of new sponsorship deals kicking-in in the summer and the hope there'll be more money to spend then, but it seems like they haven't spent well.

The recent Ozil contract was madness. With employers national insurance, costing the club £20m per annum, for a player invariably criticised for going absent when up against quality opposition. Equates to the wage cost of 7 Albion PL players.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Since they won the title, many LCFC fans and some players have gone all entitled, ousting managers who don’t perfectly tick every criteria.
Definitely seems the case at times but I wonder if Puel is too conservative to start games as they can maul teams when they go behind. CH playing conservative makes sense given the players are well drilled in it and our defenders are some of our better players. But Maguire aside, Leicester have a dodgy looking defence. Morgan looks well past his best and Schmeichel often seems to have a howler in him. I would genuinely rather have Ryan than him as Ryan is more consistent whereas Schmeichel is a mix of worldies with the odd clanger.

You would think starting on the front foot should be Leicester's default position.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The whole club should have closed down the day after winning the title.

There's absolutely no point playing again after you've defeated Doctor Eggman/Freed the Princess.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Definitely seems the case at times but I wonder if Puel is too conservative to start games as they can maul teams when they go behind. CH playing conservative makes sense given the players are well drilled in it and our defenders are some of our better players. But Maguire aside, Leicester have a dodgy looking defence. Morgan looks well past his best and Schmeichel often seems to have a howler in him. I would genuinely rather have Ryan than him as Ryan is more consistent whereas Schmeichel is a mix of worldies with the odd clanger.

You would think starting on the front foot should be Leicester's default position.
I love how Morgan is at fault for their 3rd and Kasper goes walkabouts within 5 minutes of this post. I'm not often right so nice of Leicester to try and back me up. :O

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Leicester are so naive down their right, and Wolves know it.

Danny Simpson is pushed so far forward (like Andy Robertson or Matt Doherty, but they cover defence well too), so LCFC are so exposed there, leaving Wolves to target Morgan with pace every time. Caused the third goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here