Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-20/1/19

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We still can't fall below 13th even if we fail to beat Manchester United. As if that's going to happen anyway...

Tough fixtures for the bottom two, whilst Newcastle have a chance to haul themselves above the dotted line as they host Cardiff.

It could start to get a bit interesting at the shitty end of the M23 as tomorrow's visit to Liverpool is followed by a visit to Southampton after the Cup distraction next weekend.

Saturday 19th
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leicester City (12:30)
AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United
Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion
Newcastle United v Cardiff City
Southampton v Everton
Watford v Burnley
Arsenal v Chelsea (17:30)

Sunday 20th
Huddersfield Town v Manchester City (13:30)
Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00)

Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 12.49.31.png

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lots of away wins then please...

... and thank you.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from Pal@rse and Burnley, obviously...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Little Miss Stat this morning:-

"Who are we playing tomorrow?"
"Manchester United"
"Didn't we beat them last year?"
"Yes, we always beat United" :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Huddersfield, Fulham and Newcastle may we'll be cementing their places at the bottom, by the end of the weekend.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's hard not to look confident. After all these club emails about sold out matches and ticket exchange, the latest explains about Watford, Burnley and Huddersfield visiting the Amex and tickets just £30
Life is good.
And before anyone calls the Liverpool v Palace game, remember how we thought City were going to score 5 against Palace.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And before anyone calls the Liverpool v Palace game, remember how we thought City were going to score 5 against Palace.

Fair comment. They are a weasel of a club who are capable of engineering the odd freak result. They will however have 53 year old Julian Speroni in goal tomorrow, as I gather their resident nazi is crocked. Which could be a factor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've learned my lesson from last week.
I'll wait till after 2pm before predicting the Albion's result.

That way I'll know if CH wants to win or not.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I am really worried this might be our 1st thumping of the season.. would have fancied us to win and Jose still been there.. I am consoling myself with the idea that Utd may just have thought the Spurs game was the one for them to get through and a little complacency may sneak in. Mind you Ole's comments on BBC have got my dander up! "I'm now looking for a reaction in a home game against a team you should dominate and be better than"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am really worried this might be our 1st thumping of the season.. would have fancied us to win and Jose still been there.. I am consoling myself with the idea that Utd may just have thought the Spurs game was the one for them to get through and a little complacency may sneak in. Mind you Ole's comments on BBC have got my dander up! "I'm now looking for a reaction in a home game against a team you should dominate and be better than"

Why would the truth get your dander up?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair comment. They are a weasel of a club who are capable of engineering the odd freak result. They will however have 53 year old Julian Speroni in goal tomorrow, as I gather their resident nazi is crocked. Which could be a factor.
Crystal Palace set to sign goalkeeper Lucas Perri on loan
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ce-set-to-sign-goalkeeper-lucas-perri-on-loan

Crystal Palace are close to signing goalkeeper Lucas Perri on loan from Sao Paulo until the end of the season, according to Sky sources.

It is understood that Perri will join on an initial six-month loan deal, and Palace have an option to buy the 21-year-old Brazilian goalkeeper at an agreed price of around £3m.

Imagine having to sign a 21 year old keeper from Sao Paulo for £3m.

The Albion seemingly have 3 first(ish) choice keepers (without having to resort to Casper), with at least 2 further early 20's keepers waiting in the wings.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Crystal Palace set to sign goalkeeper Lucas Perri on loan
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ce-set-to-sign-goalkeeper-lucas-perri-on-loan

Crystal Palace are close to signing goalkeeper Lucas Perri on loan from Sao Paulo until the end of the season, according to Sky sources.

It is understood that Perri will join on an initial six-month loan deal, and Palace have an option to buy the 21-year-old Brazilian goalkeeper at an agreed price of around £3m.

Imagine having to sign a 21 year old keeper from Sao Paulo for £3m.

The Albion seemingly have 3 first(ish) choice keepers (without having to resort to Casper), with at least 2 further early 20's keepers waiting in the wings.

This can't be correct. When they signed Steve Mandanda the goon squad told us that he was AMAZING and would end their goalkeeping issues for years to come. Oops.

Instead they are still having to rely on Speroni? LOLZ!!!!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Why would the truth get your dander up?

Publicly I would have like to have seen a little more respect for a team that has beaten them twice recently. No harm in having expectations and I too expect them to dominate us, but its the addition of the word "should" that made me feel that I wanted to get his dukes up..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Huddersfield, Fulham and Newcastle may we'll be cementing their places at the bottom, by the end of the weekend.

By 'cementing' you actually mean 'Wattle and daubing' shirley? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS Darren Fletcher (I think) is currently banging on about Arsenal being no better now than 12 months ago.

He's pretty much saying half a transfer window is long enough to change the fortunes of a club who's previous regime was 20+ years

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1086326558506266624[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here