Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA Has Revealed The Top 20 Highest Wage Bills In Europe

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really surprised to see Bayern Munich that high. Always thought German clubs had a wage cap ?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Yours are a different time frame, In think...
From your site....
Figures have been released for the 2016-17 campaign, with some surprises among the higher and lower spenders.

My Figures are for the 2017 financial year

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DgR6rQYX0AAd-Xj.jpg

The Swiss Ramble always provides some interesting stats. This covers season 2016/17 season so is a little out of date, but having brought in the likes of Meyer on a deal that equates to £170k a week, and tipped even more lorryloads of cash into the Swivel-Eyed Gravity Whore's coffers to keep him there, I can't see that their 78% wages to turnover will be much improved from this perilous position.

As we know, CPFC2010 failed to file their accounts on time last year, missing the deadline by several months, and faced being dissolved by HMRC as a result. I'm sure there was nothing to hide (from the owner who's company is called Smoke and Mirrors), but it'll be interesting to see what % of Palace's turnover was being splurged into their players pockets last season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought Southampton were 'the' model club, selling their talent at high prices (to Liverpool) and reinvest in their fantastic yoof set up.

Liverpool are the model club, the buy decent players and sell them as soon as they turn shite to Palace for massively inflated prices.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We all know who’s on huge wages at Palace and Leicester and we all know who delivers for those wages and who doesn’t.

I’m trying to think of which players Southampton have thrown big wages at because while they’re not bad the majority of the squad are bang average.

Southampton presumably have ongoing salary obligations to about FOUR managers, and each of their associated hangers-on. That has to have an impact.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought Southampton were 'the' model club, selling their talent at high prices (to Liverpool) and reinvest in their fantastic yoof set up.

Yeah, it's not so long ago that they were touting their template for good coaching at other clubs. Seems to have backfired somewhat.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Said it before and I'll say it again. When Palace finally release their accounts for last season (don't hold your breath folks) they will be a car CRASH of massive PROPORTIONS.

They were the only PL club whose 2017 accounts showed higher wages + player amortisation costs than turnover. They only avoided a big loss by selling players. They've sold no one of note since and seem to have bumped up the wage bill considerably.

It's why Poor Old Roy admitted that they were skint and couldn't make any decent signings. They are losing money, guaranteed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
DgR6rQYX0AAd-Xj.jpg

The Swiss Ramble always provides some interesting stats. This covers season 2016/17 season so is a little out of date, but having brought in the likes of Meyer on a deal that equates to £170k a week, and tipped even more lorryloads of cash into the Swivel-Eyed Gravity Whore's coffers to keep him there, I can't see that their 78% wages to turnover will be much improved from this perilous position.

As we know, CPFC2010 failed to file their accounts on time last year, missing the deadline by several months, and faced being dissolved by HMRC as a result. I'm sure there was nothing to hide (from the owner who's company is called Smoke and Mirrors), but it'll be interesting to see what % of Palace's turnover was being splurged into their players pockets last season.

It’s only going to get worse. Since their last audited accounts, they’ve signed:
Riedewald
Sakho
Kouyate
Guaita
Ayew
Meyer
Sorloth :lolol:
Had a full financial year of payroll costs for Schlupp, Van Aanholt, Milivojevic.
Cut short the De Boer management team’s tenure.

Whilst saving the wages on Cabaye, Sako, Mandanda and Delaney,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here