Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Duke of Edinburgh involved in CRASH

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You have to admire a 97 year old who can roll a car, and yet get out and walk away. Legend.

Not so much of a legend if he had killed or injured the youngster in the other vehicle though eh?

He came out of side road onto a main road and hit another vehicle. His fault. Driving without due care then? Wonder how many points he will get! Let me think now......

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Not so much of a legend if he had killed or injured the youngster in the other vehicle though eh?

He came out of side road onto a main road and hit another vehicle. His fault. Driving without due care then? Wonder how many points he will get! Let me think now......
Probably have to re-sit his driving test....

...oh

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nicholas Witchell has had his say.....

There will be several sharp intakes of breath from the country and the commonwealth over this accident.

The duke is five months short of his 98th birthday. By anyone's standards, getting away from an accident like that unhurt is hugely impressive.

There will be some surprise that the duke still drives himself on public roads. But he has always been fiercely independent, and would have resisted any suggestion that he be denied the right to drive himself.

And there will now be an investigation into the circumstances of the accident. It seems certain there was no fault from the duke but it might be that the duke is about to be persuaded to give up the wheel.
The **** is now an accident investigator all of a sudden.

Old man pulls out of a side road onto an A road, not his fault. Obviously not as the council are now going to reduce the speed limit on the road

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Talk about going off on a tangent.

Maybe hasn't gone off on a Tangent. - Perhaps Big Phil had a glass of Martini too many. Not one to judge but I doubt he would have had much puff to breath these days, never mind blow into a bag hard enough to turn the colour

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
I’m sure a deal will be done. Investigation concludes it was just an accident with no one to blame in return for the Duke agreeing to only drive on his private estate.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe hasn't gone off on a Tangent. - Perhaps Big Phil had a glass of Martini too many. Not one to judge but I doubt he would have had much puff to breath these days, never mind blow into a bag hard enough to turn the colour

For some reason I have an image of Mr Burns of The Simpsons in my head now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0255.JPG

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I think he escaped the custody of his nurse, wandered out of Sandringham , and happened to find a Range Rover on the drive with the keys left in it - then had a Toad of Toad Hall moment! Parp Parp ��

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I thought it was excellent of the PM as busy as she is at the moment to send a message to Sandringham to wish him well.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Prince Phillip is as much use on the road as the Albion :D

( yes I know I've done the joke on another thread )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently back driving on public roads today. That may be legal, but does anyone think it is right?

Why not? He hasn't had his licence removed. He's passed a police eye test today.
Even if he is charged with driving without due care & attention, it isn't a banning offence. He made a mistake, said it was due to the low sun.
A friend of mine who died last year was still driving safely at 96.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Photographed driving without a seat belt on today and was 'spoken to' by police. Wonder how many of us would get away with that, especially the day after causing an accident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here