Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Marvelous 1901 Food Thread!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe if you’d worked a little harder you could afford to do nice things for your friends and family :)
Looks like a lovely day out [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] , marvellous scenes. May I ask, are those spring onions tucked away on the cheese board there? If so, a top addition.

A good vegetable to accompany cheese is the onion, personally a little surprised not to see it, (be it spring or pickled), adorn many cheeseboards.

After all pickled onions are as important an ingredient as cheese when it comes to a Ploughman's Lunch, so why not the cheeseboard?

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
A good vegetable to accompany cheese is the onion, personally a little surprised not to see it, (be it spring or pickled), adorn many cheeseboards.

After all pickled onions are as important an ingredient as cheese when it comes to a Ploughman's Lunch, so why not the cheeseboard?

A lot of cheese boards usually come with a chutney or marmalade which is onion based. In my place we throw in a bit of mild curry powder too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Has Alan Mullery finished now in hospitality and Zamora taken over his duties?
He sang happy birthday to me at the Everton game on the 29th in the new Mullery restaurant so still around, girlfriend treated to me hospitality and as others have said it was extremely enjoyable, I did manage to down my birra morretti within 15 mins though as there was certainly no tea drinking at my table with unlimited alcohol available!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He sang happy birthday to me at the Everton game on the 29th in the new Mullery restaurant so still around, girlfriend treated to me hospitality and as others have said it was extremely enjoyable, I did manage to down my birra morretti within 15 mins though as there was certainly no tea drinking at my table with unlimited alcohol available!

She’s a keeper.

You are a better man than me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to the online menu, it was:

Salmon gravadlax, smoked trout and smoked halibut
Celeriac remoulade, pickled baby peppers, dill mayonnaise, cucumber, pumpernickel toast

Roast British beef sirloin
Potato dauphinoise, maple glazed carrot and parsnips, onion caramel, garlic kale, beef gravy

English farmhouse cheese selection
Mature cheddar, Blacksticks blue and
Oxford soft
Served with artisan crackers, grapes, chutney and celery

Busy loos after Salmon gravad-lax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here