Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Theresa May - worst Prime Minister for 50 years?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Called a general election in the run-up to the most crucial and turbulent political period in the countries modern history, ran an utterly dismal campaign where she refused to debate on TV, promptly pissed her majority up a wall as a result, and ended up having to spaff a billion quid (of our money) on the DUP to help prop her up.

Yeah, I'd say that puts her up there, even before the debacle thats unfolded over the last 2 years.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Meanwhile, a Dutch newspaper have their own views..

Attachments

• 49393501_1086752688177809_2005951530565369856_o.jpg
    49393501_1086752688177809_2005951530565369856_o.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 274

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Still, she did bequeath to posterity that immortal phrase "No deal is better than a bad deal".

Being a bit of a pedant, I did wonder whether she was meaning that "no deal" is always better than any kind of bad deal. Or, alternatively, that there can be no deal that is better than a bad deal (ie a bad deal will always be best).

Whatever she meant, she very successfully "nego-si-ated" the baddest possible deal imaginable! Well done Theresa, trebles all round!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Purely on her time in charge, not only has she not done anything remotely worthwhile, but has continually put party interest ahead of national (making last night's speech especially ludicrous), and overseen the worst attempt at negotiation since I tried to get off my last parking ticket. Alienated the EU, all opposition parties, and most of the country. Appears increasingly deluded and mad. That Tom Watson speech last night surgically ripped her to shreds. May has edged 'Call Me Dave' into second place IMHO.

Corbyn?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Are you some time traveller from the future? Corbyn may, at some point yet to come, be one of the worst PMs, but he's not been PM yet

And l seriously wonder if he ever will be, Labour would have romped into power some time ago, with a more electable leader. Not that l particularly dislike the man, just that for a lot of the electorate, he is seen as being too far to the left.

But that l guess, is straying from the point of the thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here