Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Bridge car park

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've noticed there's a couple of rows of cars at the Bridge car park that seems to be not actually within the confines of the car park itself, if drivers turn right as soon as they come under the bridge.

Is this part of the bridge requiring a ticket, given you do not go past the stewards at this point, or is it just a few opportunists? I think on one side the cars are parked on the grass.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Disabled supporters park there. I think the grass verge has been used by chancers in the past. Wouldn't want to risk it myself. There used to be a steward there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Disabled supporters park there. I think the grass verge has been used by chancers in the past. Wouldn't want to risk it myself. There used to be a steward there.

Ta. Not looking to chance anything, just curious if they were legit spaces as I was thinking of using The Bridge, but it sounds horrendous to escape from these days unless you're in very early and well-positioned.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I've noticed there's a couple of rows of cars at the Bridge car park that seems to be not actually within the confines of the car park itself, if drivers turn right as soon as they come under the bridge.

Is this part of the bridge requiring a ticket, given you do not go past the stewards at this point, or is it just a few opportunists? I think on one side the cars are parked on the grass.

Well done, that's ruined it for all us opportunists. :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ta. Not looking to chance anything, just curious if they were legit spaces as I was thinking of using The Bridge, but it sounds horrendous to escape from these days unless you're in very early and well-positioned.
True, it's frustratingly slow. As i walked to the train last week, i noticed that cars were still jammed in almost an hour after the Liverpool game.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

If you wait 30-40 minutes after the game they walk down you’ll be fine, appreciate you might need to get away sharply mind.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003

But isn't getting in very early and well-positioned always the key to most things ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
There's a big sign down there on matchdays now 'No Parking On Grass Verge'. Hasn't made a blind bit of difference though. Maybe it's stewards cars parked there?

Maybe the disabled fans parking there are blind? :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

As others have said disabled....but there are a few others...stewards always there when I draw up....and yes its horrendous to get out of...I've become used to it now ...just take something to eat and watch/listen to...anything up to an hour to get out of unless near entrance/exit

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But isn't getting in very early and well-positioned always the key to most things ?

Not all things too early or getting well positioned may be tricky.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I had been parking in this area for quite some time. On the verge, where the car park access becomes Lucraft Road. Initially for free and then by ‘incentivising’ some opportunistic stewards. A couple of weeks ago the club clamped down on parking in this area and I’ve had to find alternative arrangements.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I walk through the car park most match days and recently I have noticed most if not all now have tickets/permits in the window and most didn’t before this season so I assume something changed recently.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

If you're looking at using it for the cup game, check the club parking ticket site. They do this sneaky thing of showing only the Bridge parking for sale, but if you click through Sussex Uni spaces are usually available as well....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here