Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Missing cat

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was always accepted as a given round these parts in the eighties that local cats always went missing in the autumn because the Uni were rounding them up for vivisection purposes. Probably bolleaux, tho you never know eh?

Cheers, helpful.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Our cat went missing so along with the kids I stuck leaflets through the doors in and around our street. One woman opened the door as soon as the leaflet hit the matt and showed me (and my kids) a picture of our now dead cat, flat as a pancake which she’d found in the road outside her house. They still have nightmares :(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was always accepted as a given round these parts in the eighties that local cats always went missing in the autumn because the Uni were rounding them up for vivisection purposes. Probably bolleaux, tho you never know eh?

Certainly bollox and ****ing annoying for those of us trying to discover new medicines to keep the great unwashed alive a bit longer.

Certainly true in Brazil in the late 80s, though, where a day's research started with rounding up strays. Mind you, that was when we were told not to stop at a red light or someone would pull a gun on you, shoot you and steal your car. Which was fact.

Good luck to the OP. My mate's cat disappeared for weeks on end. Turned out a neighbour was feeding him. In the end cat voted with his greedy guts and moved out. Was seen in the neighbourhood but treated former daddy with disdain.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
UPDATE - Cat is back! Left out some of my old trainers and smelly socks last night and at 4am she turns up, a bit smelly and scruffy but mostly ok. Thanks for any advice/comments etc.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
UPDATE - Cat is back! Left out some of my old trainers and smelly socks last night and at 4am she turns up, a bit smelly and scruffy but mostly ok. Thanks for any advice/comments etc.

Purrfect news:thumbsup:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
So pleased your reunited, it’s happened to me and was very traumatic.....
Felt a right wally roaming the neighbourhood shouting “StevieG,StevieGGGGGGGG”......

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Good news.

My cat went missing for about a week. Got a call from vets that someone found him on the downs in Findon, I live in Southwick! We think he jumped into a workman van that was working down the road and lives in Worthing. It's that or he went for a very long walk!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Lovely news. It's good to have something to smile about today.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So pleased your reunited, it’s happened to me and was very traumatic.....
Felt a right wally roaming the neighbourhood shouting “StevieG,StevieGGGGGGGG”......

Our female cat is called Pansy, because of the flower like markings on her face. My OH says if she goes missing, there's no way he's going to walk round the streets calling for her.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My two are indoor cats due to them being brought up in a 3rd floor flat initially, I couldn't trust them to be allowed out near a busy road, I don't think they'd have traffic sense.

I did have a cat that once went missing and she turned up about a week later. Sadly she had badly broken her pelvis and was diagnosed with thyroid problems. The injury finally saw her put down about a week later.

Pleased your cat has come home safe and well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here