Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Missing cat

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry for boring post those who aren't interested. Cat's been missing for 9 days - not like her at all. Was left out on a cold night and probably gone to look for shelter elsewhere. So cold at night recently so a bit concerned for her obviously.

Just want to hear other's experiences of their cats going walkies for a time and coming back to see how common it is, and what you did to find the cat.

Also if there's anything else we should be doing, already;

• Leafletted the roads nearby
  • Gone out searching/calling/rustling her favourite treats in nearby area
  • Stuck picture and details up on local Lost and Found Facebook pages
  • Got in touch with Microchip company to make sure details up to date
  • Called all local vets to notify

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For reference - long shot I know - anyone in the Rustington/Littlehampton area - she is a medium/longhaired black and white cat.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Mine once went missing for a week, but then came back. A friend's cat disappeared for three months but came home, so I hope that helps.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
My girl disappeared for a while. She had been unwell and as she is getting on a bit I thought that she probably had taken herself off to die. Cats often do that for reasons I don't know. She is a home girl and has never really ventured out of the garden so it was a real worry. I had got to the point where I was accepting that I wouldn't see her again when one evening I had the back door open and there she was. Rushed her to the vets who gave her a couple of jabs and antibiotics and gave me a horrendous bill. 18 months later she is chipper and perky but she never put the weight back she lost.

I also used to have a psychotic ginger (neutered) tom. He would regularly go missing for days on end. I knew when he was back when I got up in the morning to find the skeletons of half a dozen or more field mice strewn up the hallway!

Cats are odd creatures; they do weird things. I have had cats my entire life and I'm buggered if I can work them out!

Fingers crossed that yours comes home safe and well.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Friend of mine lost his cat for near on 2 months when she just walked back in as though nothing had happened.
Our cat went walk-abouts for a few days at a time but seems to stay at home more now.
Remember, you own a dog but a cat owns you and they have zero loyalty.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
I assume you have added to National Pet Register? Our cat went missing in February but we still get sightings from time to time. Heartbreaking when it’s a false alarm though. Good luck.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
93163FD2-C47F-4BA2-AE45-5ED9C3AE605F.jpeg

29FA377E-EFD9-4482-A2E7-FF1FBDDE8668.jpeg

1C7C2C3F-2AB9-499E-82D2-C6560152F7C0.jpeg

E8A41A5B-AD93-46C7-AFC5-D6E0D1A9DA78.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mine once went missing for a week, but then came back. A friend's cat disappeared for three months but came home, so I hope that helps.

Yep, this sort of thing really isn't too uncommon with cats. Our cat went awol for over a week last summer, before waltzing in through the cat flap as if nothing had happened.

Found out a few days later, that he had been shut into a neighbours garage just before he went off on holiday. He ate his way through a whole box of Whiskas pouches though!

Try not to worry too much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thanks everyone, have followed all advice mentioned pretty much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have you and all neighbours checked ALL sheds and garages? Years ago we found our cat in the garage, she’d crept in, then we closed up and didn’t go in there for up a couple of days.

Good luck.

Am in process over this evening and tomorrow - have put leaflets through doors asking people to check but at this time of year I’m sure some haven’t.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was always accepted as a given round these parts in the eighties that local cats always went missing in the autumn because the Uni were rounding them up for vivisection purposes. Probably bolleaux, tho you never know eh?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here