[Misc] CV Writing/Advice Services

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I haven't been active for some years and am probably well out of date, but Commander's advice on the consultant was certainly backed up by my experience. Only ever went through 2 or 3 consultants that I knew well and I would run through job with them before knocking up a 2 page cv for that role. (Format, outline etc all in place but specific skills/experience edited for that role from a 'long cv' of maybe 10 or more pages).

I have had responsibility for recruitment software packages and although a few years ago, there is a significant element of SEO type processing and, if creating a single cv for large numbers of roles I would think any cv writer should have demonstrable experience in this.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry, but one page is nonsense.

Front page should be your personal details: name, age, qualifications, key skills, and NOT hobbies (which invariably just make you look like a wanker - if they're that interested, which they're not, they'll ask you at interview stage)

Subsequent pages should be a brief paragraph of your roles, with the most recent role first, including major keywords of key skills. Write it in the third person to make it look like lazy recruitment consultants wrote it themselves. Depending on your track record, perfectly acceptable to have a 2 or 3 page CV, with the front sheet reserved for your personal details. Like I say, a singlr page CV is a complete nonsense, unless you're about sixteen years old with no employment history.

Well it hasn't been nonsense for me. I'm towards the end of my career and have had 6 perm jobs in total, the last 4 at very senior levels in major internationals. Haven't had more than a one page CV for 15 years.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I haven't needed a CV for years, but thinking back I had 2 or 3 versions for different jobs. Only advice I can give (remember having) is don't have any gaps in your job history

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I reviewed someone's CV recently that gave no name and was gender neutral. I understand, I think, why the recruitment agent chose to pitch it that way, avoiding prejudice I guess, but I really didn't like it, made me feel very uneasy for some reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here