Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s this all about then - Albion shirt

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A friend of mine just came into possession of this beauty, can anyone provide any help as to its origination?

a2fc6a4b33cea5f2baf89056f0d566df.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
From memory I thought the British Caledonian Airways shirt had a collar you could turn up, so maybe a fake copy

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
He tells me he got it via the mother of an ex player back in the day. Its definitely authentic Adidas and of its age. I’m guessing it’s a prototype that was made up in preparation for the 83/84 season but was not actually used.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I think Phoenix Brewery was the sponsor on that shirt, first one I owned from 1983/84

As I understand it We played the beginning of the season with no sponsors before the deal with Phoenix was done.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Looks similar to the Phoenix Brewery sponsored shirt. British Caledonian sponsored until 83 then Phoenix took over, a prototype perhaps for the 83/84 season that British Caledonian didn't take up?

Edit. Took too long checking the dates and see [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] beat me to it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He tells me he got it via the mother of an ex player back in the day. Its definitely authentic Adidas and of its age. I’m guessing it’s a prototype that was made up in preparation for the 83/84 season but was not actually used.

Blimey. Making it possibly the unique survivor of its type...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The club crest looks authentic....

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As I understand it We played the beginning of the season with no sponsors before the deal with Phoenix was done.

Might be right, the neck line doesn’t quite look the same as the Phoenix Brewery shirt I had, I think it had some red and blue on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
These are limited edition FA Cup final shirts produced in the summer of 1983.
Look closely you can see that the 'missing cup final money' has been carefully stitched into the thin red line. Take these shirts apart and wads of money will fall out.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'd love us to be wearing something like this these days. Controversial maybe but never been a fan of the stripes and I've been around a long time. Still love the blue shirts with white arms.

I think the Sandtex stripes were the last half decent shirts. Since then, it's been a calamitous fashion show dahling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd love us to be wearing something like this these days. Controversial maybe but never been a fan of the stripes and I've been around a long time. Still love the blue shirts with white arms.

I think the Sandtex stripes were the last half decent shirts. Since then, it's been a calamitous fashion show dahling.

Blue shirts with white arms for me too. But only really because this was what they wore when I first went. They had a yellow/green equivalent for away kit at one point in the 60s too. Happy with the current kit to be fair, but I have a cupboard fill of atrocities in man-made fibre that I hesitate to wear. My favourite of the old ones is the Donatello of the late 90s, which has a nice collar with poppers, and a generous fit, and quaint stripes.

viva the old gits! :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Bukta kit circa 79' by adidas would be the nuts.

That is a nice shirt though

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
These are limited edition FA Cup final shirts produced in the summer of 1983.
Look closely you can see that the 'missing cup final money' has been carefully stitched into the thin red line. Take these shirts apart and wads of money will fall out.

If I remember correctly the cup final shirt was a bit different to the rest of the 82/83 season as the pin stripes wouldn't work properly on the live TV cameras.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here