Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s this all about then - Albion shirt

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not the skint ones?

I'd love us to be wearing something like this these days. Controversial maybe but never been a fan of the stripes and I've been around a long time. Still love the blue shirts with white arms.

I think the Sandtex stripes were the last half decent shirts. Since then, it's been a calamitous fashion show dahling.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'd love us to be wearing something like this these days. Controversial maybe but never been a fan of the stripes and I've been around a long time. Still love the blue shirts with white arms.

I think the Sandtex stripes were the last half decent shirts. Since then, it's been a calamitous fashion show dahling.

Blue Shirts with white arms vote here, too. Kit Napier, John Napier, Charlie Livesey, Brian Powney (green jumper), Dave Turner, Norman Gall...…….

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I always liked the TSB white away kit. Smart collars, nice material with a design in it, and subtle blur trim - the homes shirts looked like Tesco bags!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I always liked the TSB white away kit. Smart collars, nice material with a design in it, and subtle blur trim - the homes shirts looked like Tesco bags!

There’s one for sale on eBay at the moment*.

*disclaimer, nothing to do with me.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Blue shirts with white arms for me too. But only really because this was what they wore when I first went. They had a yellow/green equivalent for away kit at one point in the 60s too. Happy with the current kit to be fair, but I have a cupboard fill of atrocities in man-made fibre that I hesitate to wear. My favourite of the old ones is the Donatello of the late 90s, which has a nice collar with poppers, and a generous fit, and quaint stripes.

viva the old gits! :lolol:

Another old git here, would love to see the blue with white sleeves come back even if for one season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As I understand it We played the beginning of the season with no sponsors before the deal with Phoenix was done.

Correct. Looking at the programmes on [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION]'s excellent Seagullsprogrammes website, the deal was announced in the prog for the Division 2 fixture against Portsmouth on October 8 and Phoenix Brewery shirts were worn in that fixture for the first time. The deal was worth £30,000 for the season.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Forgetting the sponsor for a moment I’m sure we are agreement that was the design worn in the cup final, with that in mind was it a template for the new season before bcal pulled out?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This looks like one of the shirts worn in the team photo taken before the FA Cup final. It was the same as the shirts worn in the final except that sponsors' logos were not permitted in televised games.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Hmmmn fuzzy felt badges/sponsors logo

*Grunching* I remember a friend having a shirt around 83/84 that had a fuzzy felt style badge, logo, sponsor etc.

I would have said it was B-Cal but might have been Phoenix Brewery on reflection some 35 years later.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This looks like one of the shirts worn in the team photo taken before the FA Cup final. It was the same as the shirts worn in the final except that sponsors' logos were not permitted in televised games.

I’ve looked at several 1983 team photos, just found it in the cup final program photo
5425502B-D287-44A0-872D-5B1E1C4B3C08.jpeg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
A friend of mine just came into possession of this beauty, can anyone provide any help as to its origination?

a2fc6a4b33cea5f2baf89056f0d566df.jpg

They were produced for the team photo in the cup final programme but never worn in a game. No shirt sponsorship allowed on tv games and new sponsors from oct 2003 so we played with no sponsor til then

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
They were produced for the team photo in the cup final programme but never worn in a game. No shirt sponsorship allowed on tv games and new sponsors from oct 2003 so we played with no sponsor til then

On your point about sponsorship not being allowed on tv, I cant remember who the goalie was but we were playing Southampton when they had Keegan and it was being recorded for the Big Match. Half way through the first half someone realised that our goalie had a sponsors logo on his shirt and he was made to change it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here