Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Realistically, I do agree that in the long term leaving may be beneficial economically

Is this based on evidence?

and more than anything else, at least our politics could be focused on matters which affect our people and we can hold our politicians to account

Is it not at the moment? Do you think we hold our politicians to account? Did you vote in the European elections?

an injustice to those who've considered this carefully and come out on either side of the argument.

What have they considered carefully? The strongest available evidence?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I didn't say 'All'

So answer the question then. Under your idea the UK would be doing all it's trading on the WTO terms come March 30th. Why is that such a good idea? Why does nobody else do it if it is?

And a further question for you, as you're here, how do we move onto WTO when we can't get our tariffs signed off due to the objections raised by other members, each of which will need to be negotiated individually until we reach a satisfactory solution? And how do we do all that in 10 weeks?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That is a remainers interpretation. From a leavers view that is what the government said would be.

I think it's very rude and generalising to the point of insult to suggest Leavers can't read properly.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So answer the question then. Under your idea the UK would be doing all it's trading on the WTO terms come March 30th. Why is that such a good idea? Why does nobody else do it if it is?

And a further question for you, as you're here, how do we move onto WTO when we can't get our tariffs signed off due to the objections raised by other members, each of which will need to be negotiated individually until we reach a satisfactory solution? And how do we do all that in 10 weeks?

No... it takes time to build up to maximum profit and economy. The idea that all will be seamless on leaving is and always has been ludicrous weather you be a remainer or leaver. No pain no gain. The world wants our trade.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am indeed still happy, i generally like to be happy in life anyway, life is too short to be one of those negative types always moaning. And still happy knowing that i am going to get what i wanted even if you find that confusing.:thumbsup:

Always happy, as long as you have broadband and hand cream.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
May standing on the steps of No 10 talking as if nothing had happened over the past few days and weeks, still sounding as if she knows what she is talking about, national interest blah blah blah.
I cannot describe how much I detest everything about this woman, she should do a Cameron and just walk away.
Surely the most stupidly stubborn PM ever.

Oh she is still talking is she? I left the TV to it five minutes ago. I have gone through my long life trying to demonise no one but I do find it difficult to stay in the same room as this duplicitous, condescending, hypocritical, two-faced excuse for a national leader.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
We already have control over immigration. For 30 years immigration numbers from outside the EU (which we control) has been higher than those from within. Currently immigration from outside the EU is at a 15 year high. Yay control.

That is controlled immigration. I am in favour of that....

People from outside the EU earn more money, pay more tax as a result and we can choose which people we give a visa.

EU citizens will join a fair playing field and be able to apply like the rest of the world.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is no need to question my intelligence just because I hold a different opinion to you. It is okay for you to believe whatever you want. It does not make you superior or your argument.

Other countries will trade with us because of what we have to offer to the world. My concern is whether, given the way our MP's are negotiating do we have competent people to employ to negotiate trade deals.

As a country heavily skewed towards services, and which makes **** all, what exactly will you offer the rest of the world?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No... it takes time to build up to maximum profit and economy. The idea that all will be seamless on leaving is and always has been ludicrous weather you be a remainer or leaver. No pain no gain. The world wants our trade.

Oh right, so we all have to go through a load of pointless pain to put ourselves in a worse position based on an outdated idea we still have loads of stuff which the world wants.

So what happens if the world moves on without us? What then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That is controlled immigration. I am in favour of that....

People from outside the EU earn more money, pay more tax as a result and we can choose which people we give a visa.

EU citizens will join a fair playing field and be able to apply like the rest of the world.

You’re going to have to explain this one. It doesn’t make any sense. Qatar is the country with the highest annual salary, what relevance does this have to the discussion?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That is a remainers interpretation. From a leavers view that is what the government said would be.

You will get told off for saying things that imply all leavers had the same thoughts.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
.......................really?!

That was your insinuation. You claimed that Leavers didn't understand that "This may involve leaving the Single Market" actually meant "may" and not "will".

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Oh right, so we all have to go through a load of pointless pain to put ourselves in a worse position based on an outdated idea we still have loads of stuff which the world wants.

So what happens if the world moves on without us? What then?

That is your opinion, I don't share it. We could go on all night but I have a wife who is waiting. Enjoy the rest of your evening A1

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That is your opinion, I don't share it. We could go on all night but I have a wife who is waiting. Enjoy the rest of your evening A1

If she goes down on you, I have a puncture repair kit you can have.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think you are right optimist leaver verses negative remainer's....

It is optimism that makes people and nations great not negativity!

It is sound political structure, solid trading deals, a welfare state that genuinely looks after the vulnerable, a government that acts in the best interests of its population and not their own careers, a culture of work and reward, realistic economic projections based on fact and not blind faith, amongst other things that make nations great . Not optimism.
Boris Johnson is the epitome of optimism. And he’s a ****ing idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here