Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tonight,s EU vote and the margin of defeat ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
All the 'experts' predicting that May will be defeated (and here is where i need a bit of help) as it stands 650 MP,s but how many are actually allowed to vote and with that in mind the margin of defeat. Around 75 for me. :shrug:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
She’ll lose by 650. She’s even voting against herself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The whips will be doing all they can to persuade those that would otherwise vote against to go for a walk at voting time to try and minimise the size of the defeat.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One hundred and EIGHTY!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The whips will be doing all they can to persuade those that would otherwise vote against to go for a walk at voting time to try and minimise the size of the defeat.

Isn't it the case that even one of the Tory whips are voting against the Govt?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
All the 'experts' predicting that May will be defeated (and here is where i need a bit of help) as it stands 650 MP,s but how many are actually allowed to vote and with that in mind the margin of defeat. Around 75 for me. :shrug:

Dont understand the "how many allowed to vote" part. All of them unless "paired" with someone on other side but this would be difficult with parties divided as pairing usially agreed by whips. I understand one labour mp has ddlayed a c-section so she can vote.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• Loses .jpg
    Loses .jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 490

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It will trigger "something" as "something" will be necessary to extend Article 50. No idea what yet though.

I'm going for 217.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it require a vote of no confidence as well as the brexit vote to bring about a GE or would a resounding defeat automatically mean no confidence so a GE?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
No tory no DUP will vote for the no confidence motion and I suspect it is intended primarily to illustrate Mrs May cant succeed by trying again later. It is really to clear the road for discussion of other options maybe compromise (shock horror even using the word!)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Dont understand the "how many allowed to vote" part. All of them unless "paired" with someone on other side but this would be difficult with parties divided as pairing usially agreed by whips. I understand one labour mp has ddlayed a c-section so she can vote.

She was offered a pair but declined as the tories welched on a previous pairing deal (Brandon Lewis(C) was paired with Jo Swinson(LD) but voted anyway)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here