• Robert Gascoyne-Cecil

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Benjamin Disraeli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Cameron by a country mile. His first term was not as bad - does that show the LibDem coalition actually was beneficial? Clearly should not have offered the choice only did so because some (most?) of his backers represent a public school elite (shit pile) and saw growth of UKIP as a way of harnessing a right wing agenda which they could capitalise on. With the advisory vote being so narrow in favour and not representing the majority of people he should have just said - not enough interest in this not a large enough majority recommend a another vote in 20 years. Of course he could not do that and a shit storm followed which means we are more divided as a populace than we have been in the last 50 years.

May is on a hiding to nothing taking shit from all sides and knows that many of her friends (let alone enemies) are willing to stab her in the back. I am beginning to wonder why she has bothered , she does not need the money. Is she actually cleverer than we think and she is actually manouvering events so Britain will actually remain. maybe I have watched too much Game of Thrones.

Blair is probably given a harder time than he deserves based on IRAQ and Afghanistan rather than fact that people's wealth was on the increase. Still not sure if he is truly to blame for 2008 or whether it would have happened anyway.

Of the rest Major comes across as pretty good, intelligent and some who could represent the middle. Not his fault that he misunderstood when someone offered him a curry.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
For bending Edwina over his desk with her pants round her ankles and blowing his beans up her and managing to persuade his wife to protect him and remain married, plus his cones hotline and liking of peas my vote for best PM must go to Johnny Major.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
John Major did the majority of selling off nationalised industries.

Didn't he actually curb the rate of privatisation? Didn't it shelve Royal Mail despite the rampant Heseltine still wanting to sell off everything? Thought he was responsible for the remaining coal, electricity and british rail? Anyway, not sure that puts him in the worst PM bracket because if privatisation and dismantling industry is one of your criteria, no one beats Thatcher on that one.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Didn't he actually curb the rate of privatisation? Didn't it shelve Royal Mail despite the rampant Heseltine still wanting to sell off everything? Thought he was responsible for the remaining coal, electricity and british rail? Anyway, not sure that puts him in the worst PM bracket because if privatisation and dismantling industry is one of your criteria, no one beats Thatcher on that one.

Gas, and electricity were certainly under Major because I was working in that sector at the time. I've still got the carriage clock.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Cameron by a country mile. His first term was not as bad - does that show the LibDem coalition actually was beneficial? Clearly should not have offered the choice only did so because some (most?) of his backers represent a public school elite (shit pile) and saw growth of UKIP as a way of harnessing a right wing agenda which they could capitalise on. With the advisory vote being so narrow in favour and not representing the majority of people he should have just said - not enough interest in this not a large enough majority recommend a another vote in 20 years. Of course he could not do that and a shit storm followed which means we are more divided as a populace than we have been in the last 50 years.

May is on a hiding to nothing taking shit from all sides and knows that many of her friends (let alone enemies) are willing to stab her in the back. I am beginning to wonder why she has bothered , she does not need the money. Is she actually cleverer than we think and she is actually manouvering events so Britain will actually remain. maybe I have watched too much Game of Thrones.

Blair is probably given a harder time than he deserves based on IRAQ and Afghanistan rather than fact that people's wealth was on the increase. Still not sure if he is truly to blame for 2008 or whether it would have happened anyway.

Of the rest Major comes across as pretty good, intelligent and some who could represent the middle. Not his fault that he misunderstood when someone offered him a curry.

If that is indeed May's cunning plan then she might go from near-worst to near-first. But in the real world, she didn't have to rush into triggering article 50 and she didn't have to decide that the public had voted for an extreme Brexit that included leaving the single market and customs union.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Do people not realise the running theme?
They're all ***** that don't care about you?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Despite being a vastly superior statesman than the awkward May, it has to be Cameron for me. The only PM ever to lose a military action vote in the commons, nearly causing the break up of the union with Scotland and allowing this car crash to happen. Ego, vanity and arrogance overdose.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

Re, May, This is what I've been saying for a long time.
I honestly believe she was put in as PM by the 'Establishment' to make an absolute balls up of it, so as to turn the electorate / houses, against it, and hence I believe, one way or another, Brexit will never happen.
Not quite sure if she'll receive a pay off for her loss of reputation in all of this, or if she happily agreed to go along with it....

(ps, split between Blair/Iraq and Cameron/Austerity in the vote)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I voted Cameron. His first term was actually pretty good even if he would change his mind with the wind if public opinion was against one of his shit ideas. Once the cover of the lib Dems was gone, it all turned to shit culminating in Brexit and him dissappearing as soon as he realised it was too big a mess for him to clean up.

That's what happens when you believe in nothing but yourself. The vacant bell cheese.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Whilst everyone's eyes were on the Brexit vote today, the Torys managed to slip this little gem out.

[tweet]1085191387136454668[/tweet]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Whilst everyone's eyes were on the Brexit vote today, the Torys managed to slip this little gem out.

[tweet]1085191387136454668[/tweet]
So once we don't leave, and this sort of stuff also gets out, we're going to have gammon AND pensioners out marching.

The streets of London will run with piss.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
Gordon Brown, destroyed the economy (LOOK at the GDP figures), lied to the country about the Lisbon treaty, Sold off the countries gold reserves for a pittance. Made Blair look vaguely competent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here