• Robert Gascoyne-Cecil

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Benjamin Disraeli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
The competition is competitive, but really Cameron has to take the accolade. A vacuous PR man who stood for nothing other than office. A weak, vision-free, snake oil salesman who ushered in austerity and bequeathed us Brexit and the current calamitous government.

Despite that he has been able to avoid any repsonsiblilty and sail off into the sunset with a massive pile of cash ensuring that none of this chaos will ever affect him or his ability to buy ridiculously expensive sheds. An utter disgrace of man and history will remember him as such.

This ^^^^

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cameron's second term 2015 - 2016 takes some beating but for me Theresa May wins the accolade.

6 years doing a shit job as Home Secretary, she seizes the poisoned chalice when nobody else would take it (and with good reason). The worst GE campaign in living memory, she ducked the Leader's Debate (something Cameron didn't do) and by doing so blew her majority, reached a shit deal with the DUP, appointed binners in key positions, came up with the shittest of shit deals, now looks set to take the mother of all beating in the House. She makes Jeremy Hunt look good. Just awful.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Cameron's second term 2015 - 2016 takes some beating but for me Theresa May wins the accolade.

6 years doing a shit job as Home Secretary, she seizes the poisoned chalice when nobody else would take it (and with good reason). The worst GE campaign in living memory, she ducked the Leader's Debate (something Cameron didn't do) and by doing so blew her majority, reached a shit deal with the DUP, appointed binners in key positions, came up with the shittest of shit deals, now looks set to take the mother of all beating in the House. She makes Jeremy Hunt look good. Just awful.
Agree with all of that and the fact she has had a couple of years of kicking the ball into the long grass and then puts together a deal that should have been cross party and has come up with something no one likes. Then has the audacity to say my way or no way! Inept.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Having been able to vote since the 1997 election. I can honestly say that Cameron has been the best Prime minister during that time putting a plan together to try and reduce our deficeit and move us forward. Teresa May has been the worst as she doesn't ever seem to achieve anything, the biggest problem is nobody in politics seems capable of leading us through these Brexit negotiations and beyond. The best candidate for this would've been Milliband but he isn't involved anymore

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Full disclosure, I’m a Labour remainer

Cameron = Did ok in the first term and I was impressed that he helped to make coalition work pretty well. Catastrophic political misjudgement in the second term, but I’m not prepared to let the 18 million who decided to take the bait get away from blame by saying he was the worst ever = verdict relegation candidate

May = The least competent PM we’ve ever had in a term with more challenging circumstances than any other PM except Churchill . I do genuinely believe she’s motivated by doing what’s she thinks is right for the country, verdict = bottom.

Blair = Brilliant public speaker and political strategist. Can’t ignore Iraq when discussing his legacy. A few other bits have looked bad with hindsight, eg financial deregulation. Still the most insightful political commentator = upper mid table

Brown = His own poor PR and having to clear up after the financial crisis meant he never really got going. A better No2 than No 1. = Verdict = lower Midtable

Thatcher = Any PM can make changes. It takes a good one to make changes in a non divisive way and take the country with her. Verdict = Midtable

Major = clearly intelligent and reasonable. Let down by his front bench, only had a small majority, came at a time when the public wanted something different to what the tories had to offer Verdict = challenging for (ahem) a European spot

Churchill = someone has said he’s our worst ha ha. Not without flaws, certainly by today’s standards, but someone with the ability to unite and inspire belief. The right man for the right time. Verdict = top of the league

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Thatcher the snatcher for me. Even worse that the odious thicky mork is here to continue the bloodline. The last two are pushing her close but she edges it for me.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
3 people voted John Major.

I mean honestly, I'm no Tory but what did he do that was so wrong to even have him getting any votes compared to others in this list? Start a massive investment in school infrastructure programme? Instigate a steady and sustained economic recovery? Won a staggering and record breaking 14m votes to win an election? His foresight in ensuring our concessions in the Maastricht Treaty?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Tony Blair. Took us into the Iraq War in spite of massive opposition from British citizens. No one comes close.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
3 people voted John Major.

I mean honestly, I'm no Tory but what did he do that was so wrong to even have him getting any votes compared to others in this list? Start a massive investment in school infrastructure programme? Instigate a steady and sustained economic recovery? Won a staggering and record breaking 14m votes to win an election? His foresight in ensuring our concessions in the Maastricht Treaty?

John Major did the majority of selling off nationalised industries.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Callaghan getting off very lightly

But Cameron gets gold for me but tearing our nation apart for the sake of his own wrecked party

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Full disclosure, I’m a Labour remainer

Cameron = Did ok in the first term and I was impressed that he helped to make coalition work pretty well. Catastrophic political misjudgement in the second term, but I’m not prepared to let the 18 million who decided to take the bait get away from blame by saying he was the worst ever = verdict relegation candidate

May = The least competent PM we’ve ever had in a term with more challenging circumstances than any other PM except Churchill . I do genuinely believe she’s motivated by doing what’s she thinks is right for the country, verdict = bottom.

Blair = Brilliant public speaker and political strategist. Can’t ignore Iraq when discussing his legacy. A few other bits have looked bad with hindsight, eg financial deregulation. Still the most insightful political commentator = upper mid table

Brown = His own poor PR and having to clear up after the financial crisis meant he never really got going. A better No2 than No 1. = Verdict = lower Midtable

Thatcher = Any PM can make changes. It takes a good one to make changes in a non divisive way and take the country with her. Verdict = Midtable

Major = clearly intelligent and reasonable. Let down by his front bench, only had a small majority, came at a time when the public wanted something different to what the tories had to offer Verdict = challenging for (ahem) a European spot

Churchill = someone has said he’s our worst ha ha. Not without flaws, certainly by today’s standards, but someone with the ability to unite and inspire belief. The right man for the right time. Verdict = top of the league

I'd go along with that. I'd put Churchill mid-table though. Not the wrong man, and in the right place. Many of his generals had to stop him meddling. But a great speech writer and spin doctor. His premiership in the fifties was shocking.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Disagree. Tough old bird who was faced with an impossible task. When you've got both Brexiteers and Remainers raging against you, plus both ends of the ****ing Irish border, then you're on a hiding to nothing, no chance whatsoever of reaching any kind of consensus. Tho IMHO she's had a pretty decent stab at it. All these vile political pygmies know exactly what they don't want. Beyond that, they're floundering.

Agree. Listening to her on the radio now.

Edited: my thread-irrelavant bollocks. Apologies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here