• Robert Gascoyne-Cecil

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Benjamin Disraeli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Disagree. Tough old bird who was faced with an impossible task. When you've got both Brexiteers and Remainers raging against you, plus both ends of the ****ing Irish border, then you're on a hiding to nothing, no chance whatsoever of reaching any kind of consensus. All these political pygmies know exactly what they don't want. Beyond that, they're floundering.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The competition is competitive, but really Cameron has to take the accolade. A vacuous PR man who stood for nothing other than office. A weak, vision-free, snake oil salesman who ushered in austerity and bequeathed us Brexit and the current calamitous government.

Despite that he has been able to avoid any repsonsiblilty and sail off into the sunset with a massive pile of cash ensuring that none of this chaos will ever affect him or his ability to buy ridiculously expensive sheds. An utter disgrace of man and history will remember him as such.

I wish I could have said all that and it sums him up perfectly.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
has to be Callaghan, bankrupted the country, lost control of the unions, winter of discontent etc.

unfair to say Cameroon because he dared to engage in a democratic process, even if it was misguided.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is what people voted for though?

He was Prime Minister in favour of Remain and with a total lack of vision, passion, strategy or cohesive thinking made as big a balls up of the Remain campaign as you could ever wish to make. 'Project Fear', the traditional Tory go to election strategies fell flat on a general public split across party lines. He put out a binary referendum in which he failed to prepare for both results, then left his party and government torn and divided, leaderless and with no contingency or planning on what the government strategy would be in the event of Leave. It was shambolic, irresponsible, cowardly, self serving and a betrayal of office. I don't think anyone votes for a leader that would do that. Unless you did?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Disagree. Tough old bird who was faced with an impossible task. When you've got both Brexiteers and Remainers raging against you, plus both ends of the ****ing Irish border, then you're on a hiding to nothing, no chance whatsoever of reaching any kind of consensus. Tho IMHO she's had a pretty decent stab at it. All these vile political pygmies know exactly what they don't want. Beyond that, they're floundering.

Whilst I disagree that May is the worst (simply because May would not have called. referendum in the first place), she deserves no sympathy. May has been clueless since the triggering of Article 50. Off to a quick start with a set of red lines that were guaranteed to choke the life out of the upcoming two years negotiations. This was then followed up with the vanity election with the Tories 20points ahead in the polls. As result May lost her majority and any authority to rule the country. May is not a tough old bird, she is a vicious and cynical politician who deserves to be cut no slack whatsoever, she has been the creator of her own woes.

Still that said...Cameron still out ranks her as the worst PM

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This guy.

****ing USELESS

40115_104795289591245_2768700_n.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Personally I would have voted for Pitt the Younger but as he isn't listed I went for Chamberlain.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
From the list, Cameron. May might be a poor PM but she was handed a poison chalice.

Not on the list Frederick North, Lord North. Responsible for the loss of the colonies.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No sympathy whatsoever for May. She's only done what she thinks is best to save herself rather than what's best for the country. However, she picked up the chalice that was poisoned by her predecessor. She's incompetent and not fit for office, but "the worst"....

Cameron knew exactly what he was doing and was warned about it on numerous occasions. He knew that whatever the result he was going to divide the nation like never before. But he did it anyway because he was scared of losing an election.

What a ****.

Re Callaghan, he copped for a disaster that was already unfolding after the utterly useless Wilson MK2 government, where poor old Harold had become a paranoid alcoholic and the unions/spending/inflation was out of control.

He actually tried to fight the unions and curb inflation and public spending (hence the winter of discontent). All done while having no majority.

Not sure how he could be in anyone's list of worst PMs.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Cameron gets it.

May could yet pip him. In my book she's my close second.

Eden was rubbish, but hey, he was unwell.

Churchill not much better - the story he has written for himself as a result of WW2 saves him, but in all honesty, he was not as good as painted out to be.

Chamberlain is there because of the story that Churchill let be put about around appeasement - fact is that had Chamberlain done anything else we'd all be under the Third Reich now. He was actually a good parliamentarian. He just got the job at the very wrong time.

The ridiculous Blair narrative means he'll get votes from the left and right all down to Iraq. The same lilly livered liberals that attack him for the war were wringing their hands over who was going to take on Saddam only months before the war started. Add to that the minimum wage, tax credits for working mums etc, and the right hate him as well. Pathetic really.

Attlee was wet. He should have delivered much more. Largely failed to seize the initiative by not going for a modernisation and reconstruction programme post-war. NHS saves him.

Callaghan inherited a poison chalice. Might have been OK.

Major is unrecognised. Laid the way for economic growth under Blair. Could have done so much more if it hadn't been for the loons in his own party.

Why is Disraeli in there?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
From the list, Cameron. May might be a poor PM but she was handed a poison chalice.

Not on the list Frederick North, Lord North. Responsible for the loss of the colonies.

I posted the video of the lady in the yellow jacket, but if you didn't watch it, here it is in a nutshell.

Theresa May stood for leader knowing it was a poisoned chalice. She wasn't forced to.
She invoked Article 50 straightaway without a plan. She wasn't forced to.
She set her own red lines. She wasn't forced to.
She has lied and lied again. She wasn't forced to.

I voted Cameron, because he got us into this unholy mess and then ran away.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I posted the video of the lady in the yellow jacket, but if you didn't watch it, here it is in a nutshell.

Theresa May stood for leader knowing it was a poisoned chalice. She wasn't forced to.
She invoked Article 50 straightaway without a plan. She wasn't forced to.
She set her own red lines. She wasn't forced to.
She has lied and lied again. She wasn't forced to.

I voted Cameron, because he got us into this unholy mess and then ran away.
"And where is he? With his trotters up! ****."

https://youtu.be/-W77154J0-w

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here