Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] OT - Sexual Harassment at Work - BBC article and quiz

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
She is now known as triple F " Fat Fishy Faxxy'. As she has a propensity to try and bully younger staff members sympathy isn't running high and nobody is going to dare say anything.

Just leave some "femfresh" on her desk after she's gone home. As long as there isnt any cctv in your office and you mention it to no one at all and play dumb once the investigation starts youll be fine. And the message should hit home.

Although that will open up a whole different set of problems.

My boss stinks of B.O constantly. And working in a small factory it follows him around. I was doing some heavy lifting work over the summer in the sweatbox we call the shop floor.

After a day of work I admit I stank of a mixture of B.O and oil/grease so the next day I took a tin of deodorant in and had a spray up at lunchtime. The next thing I know the boss is hunting down everyone asking if they're spraying deodorant because it "****ing stinks".

He found me soon enough and he actually told me to never do it again. I replied with "i ****ing will, I don't want to spend all day walking around smelling like you".

It worked to a degree, he changes his shirt once a week now so there is progress.

Some people just need to be told. If this woman is that bad then you have to go over her head to her boss with your concerns. If you're uncomfortable or scared about approaching her yourselves then her managers need to step in. They get paid more to deal with that kind of stuff. It's not your remit or responsibility to do so.

I've never had a problem with being open and honest with people. If they don't like it then **** them. But unless it's brought up one way or another then nothing will ever be done about it.

*My advice above about femfresh will of course be construed as bullying or sexual harassment*.

But in the world you live in of offices people get far too offended far too often about many things and then hide behind far too detailed rulebook because they don't like it and organisations now have to live by them. Just read the bellcheese at work thread.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
But why should the guy do the approaching? IN this gender neutral society why don't women have a bit more balls (so to speak)

I wish they did! The Bumble app is an interesting experiment as the female has to make the first move and start the conversation.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
7/7 for me, but what would you expect from over 45 years in an office of a large national firm!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
7/7 but you would hope those scenarios were obvious to everyone regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here