Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Book Holiday Now vs Wait For Post Brexit Price Smash??

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
This might have been picked up in the Brexit thread but I've seen what it's like in there and I didn't like it...

Mrs Rovers is putting the pressure on and I do not have the faintest idea what to do. The tight fisted northern git in me says wait for the inevitable (short/long term/don't care) dip in the economy and get a deal. Any markets/global finance experts on here have a view?? I imagine any cheap holiday deals will be tainted by the potentially crap exchange rate, leaving a €5 San Miguel costing £15.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This might have been picked up in the Brexit thread but I've seen what it's like in there and I didn't like it...

Mrs Rovers is putting the pressure on and I do not have the faintest idea what to do. The tight fisted northern git in me says wait for the inevitable (short/long term/don't care) dip in the economy and get a deal. Any markets/global finance experts on here have a view?? I imagine any cheap holiday deals will be tainted by the potentially crap exchange rate, leaving a €5 San Miguel costing £15.

I'd recommend finding a nice place in The UK for your holiday.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I booked a flight for may with BA return to Malaga for £38, you can't go from Brighton to London on southern fail in the morning for that!
Get in now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
5 of us going to Alicante late April; for 10 days and the flights cost £167 for the 5 return. including 2 hold bags each way and booking the seats Changed my holiday money into Euros last week but the rate dropped from 1.12 to 1.09 overnight so expect it to be lower this week or next

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We probably won't leave the EU on March 29th, so chances are that holidays won't be much cheaper. If you want to hedge your bets, you can get 11/4 with Sky Bet that we leave in some form or other between now and April 1st 2019.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Uncertainty, which is certain to happen after the vote, will leave the pound floundering, even if temporary. Book now IMO.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Yep - book now - just booked a week in Rome, flights and hotel are ridiculously cheap.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Now we've 'got our country back' surely we'll all be making the most of it and staying here.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How can you book now, games may be moved or the cup final. Wait until the last minute for a bargain unless it is for the summer in which case you've got too much money to be able to afford it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hang on, you still think Brexit's happening?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think the danger of Commie Corbyn getting into power would effect our economy and our pound even more than Brexit will

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now we've 'got our country back' surely we'll all be making the most of it and staying here.

There'd be plenty of room if all the precious wimps who squealed that they'd move abroad if we voted leave keep their word and bugger off. I doubt if any significant number of them will though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There'd be plenty of room if all the precious wimps who squealed that they'd move abroad if we voted leave keep their word and bugger off. I doubt if any significant number of them will though.

They can't, if Freedom of Movement ends as they'll be immigrants instead of expats.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Just go ahead and book your holiday, this bolleaux will rumble on for months (if not years) yet. If a San Miguel ever costs anywhere near £15, or even £5, then Spain's economy is terminally fukt.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fear not, the public may be stupid but not that fecking stupid..:lolol:

stupid enough to vote this lot in and look how they've ****ed up everything.

Your correct in a way , Corbyn wouldn't get in as media wouldn't allow it.

Holiday wise

Nothing will change , book whenever

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They can't, if Freedom of Movement ends as they'll be immigrants instead of expats.

Yes, I expect having to show passports at the border will be too much for them, bless!

We did travel to Europe before the EU - and besides, most of the world isn't in the EU anyway, so no changes regarding travel there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can you book now, games may be moved or the cup final. Wait until the last minute for a bargain unless it is for the summer in which case you've got too much money to be able to afford it.

We have booked to fly out early Mon 29th April and back on Friday 11th May. I means we shall have to find bar to watch the game at Arsenal but if at home I would watch it on a stream anyway. If they change the Newcastle home game on 27th the worst would be to Monday evening in which case we will be in Spain so again a bar to watch it. Either way with a little organising we will not miss a game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I expect having to show passports at the border will be too much for them, bless!

We did travel to Europe before the EU - and besides, most of the world isn't in the EU anyway, so no changes regarding travel there.

Travel is very different to moving abroad but then you knew that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here