Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wagner gone... Jan Siewert appointed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that they should head hunt Nigel Adkins.

If you mean, chase him down and cut his head off, I'd be a man with a heart of stone to not agree.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
A highly-charged local derby with tempers frayed all over the pitch isn't a good example to show Wagner in a bad light. I can't understand the dislike for DW, he always seems reasonably level-headed post match and has done an excellent job at that club. Off the pitch he has galvanised the support and works tirelessly in HTFC's community schemes. A top bloke in my opinion and I cant wait to see him back again - just not at Crystal Palace please

He did piss a few clubs off including us when he said we would **** it up again but he toned it down when he got into the premier league.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I must have been unlucky as I was stationed in Munster for 3 years early 60s and I didnt meet 1 German who wasnt arrogant or had a chip on his shoulder. Perhaps times have changed
Well yeah, that's before my time and somewhat closer to the war, so I imagine things were different then.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Sam Allardyce is giving his girthy cock and pendulous balls one last airing in the cold Dudley wind as we speak, before he sets about returning to the workplace.

I'd like to claim this as my own, but I can't - it's on the Guardian comments.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Typical German with a permanent chip on his shoulder as everything was always everybody else fault usually a poor ref and bad decisions never his tactics or team selection.
'Typical German'? Nice!

You REALLY don't help yourself sometimes, do you? You've turned a discussion about management quality and squad depth into a character assassination.

Just admit the guy did well, on a smaller budget than the other promoted teams!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
First club to be promoted on a minus goal difference, and they didn't actually manage to score a goal in the playoffs so you could say it was a slightly fortuitous promotion. They then managed to be a bit better than the shambles that were Swansea, Stoke and WBA last season (and Southampton, to be fair). They've been well and truly sussed this time round though.

He did very well for them no question, but its not quite the "miracle" that the current narrative would have everyone believe IMO.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Wagner did well and deserves praise but both he and the club would probably have been better off not getting promotion when they did & had a further season in the championship ... think the stress has taken its toll & its been too much for Wagner ... dont blame him but also cant blame the club for saying go now not end of season

Dont rate their chances of staying up whoever takes over , just hope they go for someone new to the merry go round and not one of the usual suspects like Pardew, Hughes & Allardyce

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Liked the bloke and the club. They are nothing more than a small family club batting way above their league. He got them up and not only that he kept them up for a season. Now the bubble has burst.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally Posted by crodonilson
Selected odds for new manager:

David Moyes 3/1
Paul Trollope 3/1
Big Sam 4/1
Dan Farke 5/1
Alan Curbishley 8/1
Fan Darke 8/1
Slavisa Jokanovic 9/1
Alan Pardew 9/1
Mark Hughes 10/1
Paolo Il Duce di Canio 12/1
Steve Cotterill 16/1
Claude Puel 25/1
Terry Venables 100/1
Mark Bright 125/1

Whilst not wishing him to miss out in his future career, I would be happy if Paul Trollope didn't figure on that list !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He did very well for them no question, but its not quite the "miracle" that the current narrative would have everyone believe IMO.
I don't think anyone called it a "miracle" did they? They just reminded me of Barnsley in the 90s under Wilson or Blackpool in 2011(?), a fairly small club that punched above their weight for a couple of seasons.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think anyone called it a "miracle" did they? They just reminded me of Barnsley in the 90s under Wilson or Blackpool in 2011(?), a fairly small club that punched above their weight for a couple of seasons.

Just try googling "Huddersfield miracle" and see the results.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Liked the bloke and the club. They are nothing more than a small family club batting way above their league. He got them up and not only that he kept them up for a season. Now the bubble has burst.

I feel the same. Can't work out the negativity (beyond the fact that there is always some negativity towards rivals) towards Wagner and/or Huddersfield. They played us off the field last season and the season before - to the point that you just had to hold your hands up and admire the way they played, and that doesn't happen often from teams below the bottom 6.

Not sure about 'bubble burst' though. They've hardly broken the bank (have they?) on fees and wages, have a decent set up and good support. Assuming they make a decent appointment I'd imagine they could be fairly comfortable back in the Championship (which is a great place to be if my memory serves me), and potentially in a position to push again fairly soon. Much better position than when Wagner took over I'd imagine.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
First club to be promoted on a minus goal difference, and they didn't actually manage to score a goal in the playoffs so you could say it was a slightly fortuitous promotion. They then managed to be a bit better than the shambles that were Swansea, Stoke and WBA last season (and Southampton, to be fair). They've been well and truly sussed this time round though.

Even Huddersfield fans admit they were lucky in the playoffs. They had been pushing us for the top two up until Easter but ran out of steam ending up in 6th place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Even Huddersfield fans admit they were lucky in the playoffs. They had been pushing us for the top two up until Easter but ran out of steam ending up in 6th place.

They finished 5th, 12 points behind us. Which considering they were hot on our heels for so long, and the utter PIGS EAR we made of our last 3 games, is quite surprising. Their form must've dropped off a cliff in that last month or two.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here