Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wagner gone... Jan Siewert appointed

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What do you mean 'reaped what he sowed'? Extraordinary and unbelievable success. Imagine Rotherham getting promoted to the PL then staying up. Also, he's engaging, enthusiastic....a breath of fresh air. What's he done to upset you? ???

A smallish club (albeit with a TB-like owner), last in the top flight in 1972 and near the bottom of the Championship, until Wagner gave them two seasons in the PL. Definitely a large positive in his CV.

Plus he wound up sore loser Garry Monk.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
5live absolutely certain that he wasn’t sacked. He went to Hoyle to say he wanted to leave at the end of this season, wanting a break from football. Then it was negotiated to now. A rare genuine “by mutual consent”.

They’re as good as down with their fixtures and squad, so they’re looking at a long term appointment to get them back up.

Pardew won’t get a look in ... he’s shit.

.....but one can always hope

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What do you mean 'reaped what he sowed'? Extraordinary and unbelievable success. Imagine Rotherham getting promoted to the PL then staying up. Also, he's engaging, enthusiastic....a breath of fresh air. What's he done to upset you? ???

Typical German with a permanent chip on his shoulder as everything was always everybody else fault usually a poor ref and bad decisions never his tactics or team selection.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Typical German with a permanent chip on his shoulder as everything was always everybody else fault usually a poor ref and bad decisions never his tactics or team selection.

Nothing to do with football, but I like Germans. They don’t have much to have permanent chip about.

You’ve just described Tyke Wnkr Warnock and Fergie.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I haven’t been watching closely, but his departure must be close to pushing our Chris up a place in the longest manager table?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Madness.

Should have been kept on regardless of relegation. That club is not thinking long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey #NeverWrong at it again, whodda thunk it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bad timing as he's just missed out being able to apply for the Stoke and Forest jobs.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I didn't realise he wanted to leave at the end of the season. I would guess he wanted some time off, then a new challenge. Maybe without the stigma of relegation while he was manager (if someone else does manage to keep them up, then he does well out of it - if someone else doesn't, then at least he wasn't in charge then).

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't realise he wanted to leave at the end of the season. I would guess he wanted some time off, then a new challenge. Maybe without the stigma of relegation while he was manager (if someone else does manage to keep them up, then he does well out of it - if someone else doesn't, then at least he wasn't in charge then).

Incredibly well paid but what a stressful job, with the only holiday a couple of weeks each summer, before squad building then preseason. The players that care talk about their weekends being miserable after a defeat, that must be magnified for managers who also take the flak.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing to do with football, but I like Germans. They don’t have much to have permanent chip about.

You’ve just described pensioners from Haywards Heath.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
This is a surprise - I guess the manger felt there was nothing else he could try. I didn't think they would sack him; I thought they were hoping for a Dyche-like return from the Championship.

I wonder who they will get. Survival will be pretty impressive so maybe they will go for a Championship manager. But if they lose lots of matches that manager won't be looking that great so it's not easy a position to fill.

I thought they would try a Burnley and go for a return with him. Its going to be hard to find someone better than him to get them back up and lets face it they are going down no matter what.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here