Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wagner gone... Jan Siewert appointed

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
This is a surprise - I guess the manger felt there was nothing else he could try. I didn't think they would sack him; I thought they were hoping for a Dyche-like return from the Championship.

I wonder who they will get. Survival will be pretty impressive so maybe they will go for a Championship manager. But if they lose lots of matches that manager won't be looking that great so it's not easy a position to fill.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
This is not about taking them up but having the knowledge and ability to keep them there.the records are littered with yo yo clubs.

The point is most of our fans on here were envious of the signings that he made and set him up as an example to CH.

Which was exactly my point.

I doubt any Premier League manager other than Wagner would have taken them with their budget in the 2016-17 season.

Their budget was lowest in the division. Lower than Rotherhams.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Poison chalice for anybody taking over. Need to spend big time to stand any chance of survival. Not sure that will happen

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5live absolutely certain that he wasn’t sacked. He went to Hoyle to say he wanted to leave at the end of this season, wanting a break from football. Then it was negotiated to now. A rare genuine “by mutual consent”.

They’re as good as down with their fixtures and squad, so they’re looking at a long term appointment to get them back up.

Pardew won’t get a look in ... he’s shit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Once they lost Mooy thru injury they were doomed.

This. It sealed there relegation. Also horrific summer business.No decent player will sign for the Championship club. It will be loans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Irrespective I think he reaped what he sowed and I am glad that 1 relegation place is virtually taken

What do you mean 'reaped what he sowed'? Extraordinary and unbelievable success. Imagine Rotherham getting promoted to the PL then staying up. Also, he's engaging, enthusiastic....a breath of fresh air. What's he done to upset you? ???

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Timing is the strangest - doesn't really give a new manager time to change things or bring in players in the transfer window and given they have a very set way of playing.

The difference in spends isn't huge compared to us - I suspect the biggest difference is in the people set up and facilities (FC infrastructure). Another plus for Mr Winstanley.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I liked him.
Did a brilliant job getting them up and then keeping them up. Problem is the players coming in just haven’t suited the way they play. I remember in the championship teams couldn’t get a second on the ball. Granted he had a lot in on loan but he had a young mobile side that could do what he needed from them.
The players he has now are not mobile enough and don’t have the quality to play that type of game. I admire him for keeping them up but it’s caught up with them now. He’s done what he could. Can’t see anyone doing any better. I doubt he will be short of offers come next season

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Timing is the strangest - doesn't really give a new manager time to change things or bring in players in the transfer window and given they have a very set way of playing.

The difference in spends isn't huge compared to us - I suspect the biggest difference is in the people set up and facilities (FC infrastructure). Another plus for Mr Winstanley.

Winstanley, plus CH really is a superior “smart fox”.

Few call these days for CH to emulate the gung-ho football of Hudd in the first half of last season. CH is a master in chiselling out vital points.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wagner gone

Sad to see Wagner go.

I think he was the only one able to keep ‘Udders up.

I actually think that he was quite fun. I always thought of ‘German Sex Parties’ when I saw him, but not dull and boring regimented ones, ones with lots of fun Benny Hill style music, great costumes and wonderful German beer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And to think their fans actually thought he was better than CH while we were in the championship
I'd prefer Chris as our manager, but just to add some balance I would say that we have a stronger squad than Huddersfield, so it's not all Wagner's fault. We also had a stronger squad in the year we were promoted (IMO). And we probably have a better recruitment set-up. And we have better training facilities.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sad to see Wagner go.

I think he was the only able to keep ‘Udders up.

I actually think was quite fun. I always thought of ‘German Sex Parties’ when I saw him, but not dull and boring regimented ones, ones with lots of fun Benny Hill style music, great costumes and wonderful German beer.

And no doubt crap at Dad dancing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It'll be interesting to see where that little s**t Pritchard ends up.

He must be cursing his agent for that last minute turn of head!

Snakes and ladders career. It’ll be lovely to see him in the Championship for a while again but he’ll probably be snapped up by a promoted club (not Norwich).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here