Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wagner gone... Jan Siewert appointed

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Feel sorry for the bloke, was proud of the fact the 3 of us who went up stuck with our managers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shocked.

I don’t think a single manager in the Prem could have managed what he had at Huddersfield.

Oh I think Pardew could have matched the record of consecutive defeats, given the chance..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CH has done better on similar resources.

Really? Have you got the comparative figures to hand? We arrived in the Premier League with the nucleus of our team and stengthened. I believe they had to buy quite a few of the players who took them up which would have swallowed quite a bit?

I would be interested to see the overall spend of the two clubs since we were promoted though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Huddersfield's chairman has just made it very clear it's not a sacking, but that Wagner felt he needed a break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Usually shorthand for a sacking but with the contract fully paid up.

I normally read it as 'manager resigns' but club and manager agree conditions of release so both save face and can manage the PR plus agree whatever costs.

No manager wants quitting on their CV, but I think that's what it comes down to, same with Hyppia.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure if it's ever been mentioned anywhere, but he's great friends with Jurgen Klopp, you know.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wagner at Huddersfield or not won't keep them in the Premier League

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He's looked a beaten man recently, and in fairness they haven't had the major decisions go their way in the last couple of games. He can walk away thinking he's done as well as he could have. They'll struggle to get anyone decent in unless the Chairman guarantees them a season to get them back up from the almost inevitable relegation.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They sprung a surprise in appointing Wagner in the first place- and his success has resulted in other little known central European coaches coming over, like Farke and Hasenhüttl. I guess they'll look for something similar, if they can persuade anybody to join their campaign that is.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really? Have you got the comparative figures to hand? We arrived in the Premier League with the nucleus of our team and stengthened. I believe they had to buy quite a few of the players who took them up which would have swallowed quite a bit?

I would be interested to see the overall spend of the two clubs since we were promoted though.

Huddersfield
£47m 17/18
£44m 18/19

Brighton
£66m 17/18
£57m 18/19

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here