Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Record 'Attendence' At The Amex Don't Even Warrant Comment Anymore

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The fact we’ve sold out every Prem home game but keep breaking our record attendances just makes me think we were doing a f*cking terrible job with segregation last year.

Maybe the security last season was a bit too cautious, and they've now realised that not every away fan wants to emulate Millwall.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We put 6 month old baby Reagull on the waiting list the other day, he's no. 7511 and they reckon they turn over at about 1000 a year so the timing should be good - obviously depending on us staying in the PL...

Don't forget to register baby Reagull for their free shirt earlydoors, else we'll never hear the end of it :lol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My understanding is that the ground CAN be expanded and it is relatively easy to add extra seats (just a case of adding tiers N/S and raising the roof), but the increase demand in exits/toilets/transportation is the real barrier to further growth.

Martin Perry has said many times that it is impossible to add tiers to the N and S stands without removing the Whole roof and then re-engineering the four 'Dogs Heads' that are key to the roof staying in place, and also re-engineering the roof. Not being a smartarse, merely repeating what the man in charge of the build has said.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder what the actual numbers going through the turnstiles are as opposed to tickets sold as I know of about 6 who for various reasons didnt attend and their seats remained empty with their ST unused.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Maybe smaller seats for smaller arses and your season ticket price reflects the size of your arse ?

You'd create an extra 5000 seats maybe around the ground that way and raise more revenue ?
Fat arses would probably be confined the West Stand - where they are already I suppose .

thoughts ?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Would love us to find the room for another 500 seats, just would really love to see our attendance as 31 thou and something!

I suspect 500 extra seats could be found ,maybe when we have safe seating areas,perhaps reworking the North West corner,similar to the South West reworking.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's a shame that the design of the Amex doesn't allow for further expansion. If we got to the PL, 30K was always going to be too small. We have got around 7K on the ST waiting list I believe.

In a way I find it frustrating that we could probably sell another 5K - 10K tickets for most matches but as we know, income from ST sales doesn't mean anything to a PL club now. It's all about the telly.
I think a fair few of the 7k on the list get the available tickets that do not go out to STH. So we wouldn’t get 37k every week I don’t think.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Martin Perry has said many times that it is impossible to add tiers to the N and S stands without removing the Whole roof and then re-engineering the four 'Dogs Heads' that are key to the roof staying in place, and also re-engineering the roof. Not being a smartarse, merely repeating what the man in charge of the build has said.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was certainly under the impression that this was an 'option' in the original design. Yes, it means lifting the roof completely, adding layers and putting it back, but not impossible.

Permission, logistics, transportation were all even more intractable than lifting the roof!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Maybe smaller seats for smaller arses and your season ticket price reflects the size of your arse ?

You'd create an extra 5000 seats maybe around the ground that way and raise more revenue ?
Fat arses would probably be confined the West Stand - where they are already I suppose .

thoughts ?

Yes - greetings from the West Stand fat arse!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was certainly under the impression that this was an 'option' in the original design. Yes, it means lifting the roof completely, adding layers and putting it back, but not impossible.

Permission, logistics, transportation were all even more intractable than lifting the roof!

Instead of going up would it be possible to go down. Dig up the pitch, lower it several rows of seats down re-lay it and bingo you have added 4 to 5k of seats. I realise these seats would make the pitch a lot smaller, but we have got a MASSIVE pitch, also the new seats would probably not be under cover......could be cheaper than taking the roof off though. Anyone agree?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I Love it, lets keep breaking records by a few seats. I love our stadium full and rocking, such a brilliant place to be on a match day.

Just needs a NS that goes back further. If they could somehow expand into the space currently used by rooms and installation plant. 40 rows rather than 28 would make it complete, more noisy and intimidating.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here