Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Dafabet Masters - Ally Pally 13/1/19 - 20/1/19

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What the hell was that whistling noise yesterday in the afternoon match? I was waiting for the bang at the end. It sounded like a balloon being let down.

Only John Parrott could say something like "Eh up, the kettle's just boiled!" in his scouse accent. I almost spat my lunch out when he said that! :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Misery from the Midlands looks like he might have recaptured top form with perfect timing for an assault on another "Triple Crown" title... His quarter with Judd is one to look forward to.

All eyes on The Rocket today though - can't wait for 1.00pm and another chance to see the greatest ever exponent of the art of cuemanship. Hope it is a good day for Ronnie - there is nothing better in the world of sport than watching him play well.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cracking quarter final line up, love this tournament, quality all the way.

Today:
13:00 Dynamite (Wal) v The Rocket (Eng)

19:00 The Belgian Bullet (Bel) v Pot Noodle (Chn)

Tomorrow:

13:00 The Jester from Leicester (Eng) v Mr Haircut 100 (Eng)

19:00 The Hawk (Eng) v The Thunder from Down Under (Aus)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We aren't allowed to call Ding 'Pot Noodle' any more...even though the player himself loved the name. First coined by The Sun but when Murdoch married Wendi Deng the sports editor decided for self-preservation reasons it might not be the best idea.

Off to Ally Pally shortly, good line-up for the QFs. Ronnie always the big draw and up this afternoon v Ryan Day, but as said earlier Selby v Trump tomorrow should be a belter, and Ding v Brecel tonight could also be decent.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Off to Ally Pally shortly, good line-up for the QFs. Ronnie always the big draw and up this afternoon v Ryan Day, but as said earlier Selby v Trump tomorrow should be a belter, and Ding v Brecel tonight could also be decent.

Nice one, have a great day :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We aren't allowed to call Ding 'Pot Noodle' any more...even though the player himself loved the name. First coined by The Sun but when Murdoch married Wendi Deng the sports editor decided for self-preservation reasons it might not be the best idea.

Off to Ally Pally shortly, good line-up for the QFs. Ronnie always the big draw and up this afternoon v Ryan Day, but as said earlier Selby v Trump tomorrow should be a belter, and Ding v Brecel tonight could also be decent.

What's his new nickname?

???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Buggers on Eurosport are showing the Tennis... so I am stuck with Dennis Taylor on the BBC... fortunately we do get the occasional gems from The Wonder Bairn.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think I just heard Neal Foulds pump.

:nono:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
2-1 to Ryan Day. Who da thunk it?

Maybe me.

I've got a tenner on Ronnie to win 6-5 @ 8/1.

That was an outrageous fluke by Ryan to win the second frame. Matches can turn on moments like that.

Keep it close guys with Ronnie making a 147 in the decider!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Rocket finishing strongly.

I think he lost focus because Ryan Day was palpably nervous and beaten almost however Ronnie played today. He got it back and has played some good stuff overall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here