Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool PL2 vs Brighton& Hove Albion PL2

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, I know - that's why I sad they didn't look like they were playing with a man down.

Just in case you hear the commentators say it on repeat every 10 seconds

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We seemed to be outplayed by ten men,

and we were against West Ham PL2 as well earlier in the season.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Having to blood younger players due to loaning some of the regular U23’s out but good experience for them, think we’ll be lucky to finish higher than 4th now though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Having to blood younger players due to loaning some of the regular U23’s out but good experience for them, think we’ll be lucky to finish higher than 4th now though.

We all, of course, focus on the results at U-23 level (and U-18 level - at least, those of us who take any notice) but fundamentally both those sides exist for one reason - the development of players who will ultimately progress into the Albion first team (or, as a secondary consideration, become a saleable asset that will generate future funding for the club).

As such, I don't think we're "having to" blood younger players at all; it is an essential part of the development cycle. I, for one, would be perfectly happy to see the U-23s struggle for results in Premier League 2, if the trade-off was a consistent progression of youngsters into the first team squad (not that any of us get to make that choice).

I was more than happy to see a couple of first-year scholars start for us last night; the fact that one of them popped up with the late equaliser was fantastic to see. Ultimately, though, the result of the game is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here