Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What are the chances we play in Spurs new stadium this season?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I see there have been more set backs on the stadium, I really want to go should we play there this season. However, if the stadium is not ready then I have the chance to travel somewhere and am really not bothered about missing the game at Wembley.

So, what is the likelihood that it will be ready by the time we are due to play them?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I hope the PL now tell Spurs that they have to play their remaining home games at Wembley this season. It can’t be fair that 2/3rds of the teams have already played at one ground, and the remaining teams play at WHL, especially if Spurs somehow can gain an advantage from it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Spurs v Brighton is scheduled for FA Cup semi final weekend so will be moved if ourselves, Spurs or both reach that stage.

If the new stadium isn't ready i assume our game will have to be moved regardless of progression in the cup as Wembley will be being used for the semi finals.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Right, looks like travelling somewhere else will be the wise option then.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
If Spurs are still at Wembley in April , our game will move dates as it’s FA cup Semi final weekend then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Is there any news on this? Seems a bit of a joke with getting this new ground open, surely they should just forget this season and start fresh in August?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spurs should remain at Wembley all season, PL rules state this and no concession just for them should be made

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Most recent I could find:

"Workers on site told football.london that they are still being told to aim for the March 17 match against Crystal Palace as the opening game for the new stadium.

However, if that is to be the opener, the club would be unable to announce it at this stage as should Crystal Palace win at Doncaster this month in the FA Cup, then the cup quarter-finals would be played on that date.

The next home league game is the match against Chris Hughton's Brighton & Hove Albion on April 6. However, that fixture could also be up in the air as Brighton take on West Brom in their FA Cup replay on Wednesday night and April 6 would be the weekend of the semi-finals should Hughton's men get that far."

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Most recent I could find:

"Workers on site told football.london that they are still being told to aim for the March 17 match against Crystal Palace as the opening game for the new stadium.

However, if that is to be the opener, the club would be unable to announce it at this stage as should Crystal Palace win at Doncaster this month in the FA Cup, then the cup quarter-finals would be played on that date.

The next home league game is the match against Chris Hughton's Brighton & Hove Albion on April 6. However, that fixture could also be up in the air as Brighton take on West Brom in their FA Cup replay on Wednesday night and April 6 would be the weekend of the semi-finals should Hughton's men get that far."

Blimey, bit of a mess innit.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I assume that if we were the opening game too it is likely to be on TV and therefore not Saturday 3pm.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It'll be nice for them to get a comfortable win in their first game at their new stadium.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be nice for them to get a comfortable win in their first game at their new stadium.

They'll win their second game too as CH always sends the Albion out to get their tummy's tickled by the team he supports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here