Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shots on target

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If a shot/header hits the post and doesn't go in, how could it be on target.

I'm not querying that I'm suggesting that most people would claim that a shot or header that hit the post would be closer to scoring than a lot of shots/headers classified as on target and therefore giving a false impression

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm not querying that I'm suggesting that most people would claim that a shot or header that hit the post would be closer to scoring than a lot of shots/headers classified as on target and therefore giving a false impression

It only shows that stats are a load of bullshit. A shot blocked that was on target irrelevant of the blocker is a shot on target. A long punt up field that goes to the keeper that would have trickled in should be but isn't.

I always look at opportunities rather than shots. Yesterday we created a few that could have resulted in a goal, they created a few more. Propper's attempted nod back to March was far more dangerous than Locardia's shot for instance.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We seem to be getting pelters from the Liverpool leaning national media pundits for not having a shot on target yesterday. However I seem to remember a Gross effort from about 9 yards out being blocked by Fabinho - do blocked shots not count? Or was it going wide? Genuine question.

Yes because the had the Magnificent total of 3 on target !! ???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good question - but if it hits the post and does go in, it's barely more on target! I've always thought that they should have 'hit post/bar' as a main stat as well.

Would make more sense.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Capture.PNG

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What about Locadias long range effort which I thought the keeper touched. Was that on target ?

Referee said it didn't. Let's face it, we were never going to score with that referee. He was making up reasons to give LIverpool the game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It only shows that stats are a load of bullshit. A shot blocked that was on target irrelevant of the blocker is a shot on target. A long punt up field that goes to the keeper that would have trickled in should be but isn't.

I always look at opportunities rather than shots. Yesterday we created a few that could have resulted in a goal, they created a few more. Propper's attempted nod back to March was far more dangerous than Locardia's shot for instance.
Agreed...it was kinda the point I was making re stats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here