Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Pascal Gross mystery

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Never fully bought into all the hype about him last season, but I thought he was OK today and put together a few good potential assists.

7 PL goals and 8 assists last season, in a low scoring team, he was pivotal to us still playing PL football this season.

Wolfie son ? Read the other quote. That's all you need to know.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If only we could go back in time to the NSC for the 3 months Pascal wasn't in the team?

Those halcyon days of someone even calling 606 saying CH needed to be sacked.
This.

But we can't, and NSC does like a good old fashioned moan at a scapegoat.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
He’s a very clever player - most of the time lets the ball do the moving, rather than himself. I actually think the problem is Murray - great goal scorer, but as well know, lack of pace. I don’t think you can play Gross and Murray in the same team. Still love Pascal.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Congratulations to OP on a brilliant parody NSC thread.

Assuming we don't keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford next week can someone start one about the limitations of Dunk and Duffy...?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought yesterday was one of his better games and he was beginning to look up to speed. Shame about the penalty giveaway but a lot of the time he was covering for players out of position. I reckon he'll bag a few assists/goals in the few games after Man Utd if he plays like he did yesterday.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This.

But we can't, and NSC does like a good old fashioned moan at a scapegoat.

Oh do behave, it’s not scapegoating, I’m not blaming him for anything, just questioning why he’s clearly not showing anywhere near the same form he showed last year. It’s a legitimate question to ask about an Albion player on an Albion forum.

As I said, I thought he was great last year and has been nowhere near that level this so wondering why. Plenty of fans are saying the same thing.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Assuming we don't keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford next week can someone start one about the limitations of Dunk and Duffy...?
Congratulations to Moshe Gariani for the most predictable parody NSC reply to any post ever daring to question a players form or right to a first team place.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He’s a very clever player - most of the time lets the ball do the moving, rather than himself. I actually think the problem is Murray - great goal scorer, but as well know, lack of pace. I don’t think you can play Gross and Murray in the same team. Still love Pascal.

Stop talking shit and look at the facts, how many games did the two play together last season, rather successfully!

Fans don’t always appreciate a players contribution unless he is spraying 40 yard passes all over the pitch.

Chris Hughton, who I believe understands more about how he wants his team to play, picks him, that’s good enough for me.

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Last season Gross and Murray shone and were involved in the majority of our attacking moves as the other 8 players were sent out to defend first then support in attacks if they could.

This season shows a rise in quality from many of the others and has allowed us to adapt the formation, pushing a greater emphasis on attack. This means Gross has less space to operate in and cause problems.

10 years ago 2 of the best English CM players were Lampard and Gerrard, both excellent at capitalising on the space left between Defence and Midfield. When played together for England the simply got in each other's way and we never saw the best of them. Ironically also the space that Rooney regularly dropped into to be so affective. Gross thrived in a 4-4-1-1 as he has the quality to create a final ball when given the time

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Thought he was good yesterday - most of our attacks came through him.
Great ball to Murray who should have done better - in the right place for shot blocked by Fabinho.
Stupid challenge for penalty but he was one of the players I thought might make something happen for us.
This season he is only behind March in terms of assists (despite being out for so long)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Congratulations to Moshe Gariani for the most predictable parody NSC reply to any post ever daring to question a players form or right to a first team place.
Thanks. Congratulations to Albion Dan on classic execution of the miserablists' goto justification for negativity.

Perfect like a Pascal Gross turn and cross.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Thanks. Congratulations to Albion Dan on classic execution of the miserablists' goto justification for negativity.

Perfect like a Pascal Gross turn and cross.

Sorry. I must have confused this forum for a space since the mid 90’s for fans to debate things such as a players form and performance level during a football match. My bad. Best we all just refuse to discuss football at all (unless completely positive) and concentrate on the merits of Brexit.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Sorry. I must have confused this forum for a space since the mid 90’s for fans to debate things such as a players form and performance level during a football match. My bad. Best we all just refuse to discuss football at all and concentrate on the merits of Brexit.

Dont be daft Dan...... your not allowed to disagree with people on here.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

No that won’t be necessary because Dunk and Duffy have been brilliant all season. Gross has been poor all season, hence the thread. Thanks for the response though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here