Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Pascal Gross mystery

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He's out of form. Show me a player who has never been out of form.

Should he be rested? probably. Should he face competition for his place? Absolutely.

Should we presume that last season was a fluke and give up on him? Absolutely not.

He's a Brighton player, he wears the shirt, he's earned the shirt, and the right to be out of form and still have our support.

How can we go from "Locadia isn't a footballer, but pascal Gross is an incredible player", to "Pascal Gross is p*ss poor, but that Locadia is a machine" in such a short space of time.

Surely that should tell us something. Whether you are in form should be a big factor in whether you play. But whether you wear the shirt should be the only factor in whether you get the support of the fans, through good form, and through bad.

I know not everyone is slating him, and not everyone slated Locadia, but a player isn't a good or bad player one week and the opposite the next. We seem to have forgotten that form is temporary, quality is permenant, and our support for our players should be with that in mind.

Could not have put it any better the most sensible thing I have seen posted on this whole thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cracking ball in for Murray's free header.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just not quick enough for the No10 spot. Hopefully Bissouma will make the spot his own

We’re not really playing a no 10 any more....Solly couldn’t play there either. Gross is now part of a midfield 3 and we go 433 when attacking, if anything Propper is getting more forward than Gross, and he’s bloody good. Gross was excellent defensively yesterday (penalty aside)

Bissouma is young and learning, and will force his way into the midfield soon enough, probably at Gross’s expense, but I doubt we’ll see anything like the quality of cross Gross can provide.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Great Gross turn by the east stand. Does at least 1 a game :) Look forward to it each game.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just bouncing this thread as saw this posted by the club today:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/january/hughtons-praise-for-pascal/

Specifically this part from Hughton:

Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 12.02.14.png

So it appears our new formation/way of playing is limiting his chances a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here