Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Banter Gone Too Far?

el punal

So there I was on Falmer station platform after the match - about 5.30ish. Some Liverpool fans were giving it the Allez Allez song, fair enough, given that it was an important hard won away victory. A middle aged Albion fan in front of me starts getting all arsey. Basically he starts gobbing off that he hates Scousers, they’re all f***ing c***s etc. etc. Then he starts shouting “You killed thirty seven!” ad nauseum - presumably referring to the Heysel tragedy.

Now I’m not a precious snowflake fan having been to see the Albion play home and away for years, but I was embarrased by this. The bloke wasn’t being provoked but just being a complete tw*t of the first order by coming out with shit like that.

Your views?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think thinking is so important

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So there I was on Falmer station platform after the match - about 5.30ish. Some Liverpool fans were giving it the Allez Allez song, fair enough, given that it was an important hard won away victory. A middle aged Albion fan in front of me starts getting all arsey. Basically he starts gobbing off that he hates Scousers, they’re all f***ing c***s etc. etc. Then he starts shouting “You killed thirty seven!” ad nauseum - presumably referring to the Heysel tragedy.

Now I’m not a precious snowflake fan having been to see the Albion play home and away for years, but I was embarrased by this. The bloke wasn’t being provoked but just being a complete tw*t of the first order by coming out with shit like that.

Your views?

The bloke was out of order but if we had (as we have before) won at their place and sung like that outside it wouldn't have been one chap singing an unpleasant song, more like a shed load of them kicking the shite out of us.

When we won 1-0 in the league up there we were kept in for ages. The idiots had started to brick their own buses!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Your views?

I agree with you for what its worth.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Your views?

How does that even qualify as 'banter'? It's just some freak having a pop.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*With the lights out*...

...*it's less dangerous*...

Gull & Chips

Nov 30, 2017
brighton last beat liverpool away in 1982 ... in reply to someone saying we were kept in. i cant figure out how to delete posts. im not getting drawn into a stpid argument with strangers on the interent

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Your views?

Rhetorical surely. Sounds like a wanker, and not "banter". I take it nobody else joined in with him.

I suspect Liverpool fans would likewise condemn their own fans for homophobic remarks/chants. Wait nevermind :whistle:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Today? Yes, before and after the game at Brighton station. It's 100% record in PL games vs them I have attended. (2 Home 1 Away).

It's quite common from most fans, not sure why you'd need to ask.

No I was asking. If I hear anything like that or racism etc... I contact a policeman if near. I have zero tolerance.

To be honest the only time I've actually witnessed racism first hand (in the modern game) was towards a black friend of mine from Brighton fans I took to an away game.

He is very easy going and just considers such people to be "fools" so we didn't do anything. I regretted it afterwards so am more than happy to "grass" anyone up, Brighton or away whatever.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
brighton last beat liverpool away in 1982 ... in reply to someone saying we were kept in. i cant figure out how to delete posts. im not getting drawn into a stpid argument with strangers on the interent

Given you’re clearly a Liverpool fan based on this post and a few others - Have you not considered staying away from a Brighton fans forum if you don’t like what you’re reading? Today in particular.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here