Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Half and Half Scarves

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Blimey it's not complicated; one off match attendees buy them as souvenirs. Two mums on the train had bought one each for four excited kids they had with them, and from their jabber it was clear that a) this was their first game and b) from out of town

Now if only there was a shop selling official Albion merchandise to buy as souvenirs to remember a visit to the Amex. :rolleyes:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A different demographic most certainly, but Manchester United being the global brand that it is, ensures the Old Trafford is going to get countless times more overseas visitors than the Amex, and will thus sell more of the said scarves.

For sure - but every time I've seen the tat vendors outside Brighton Station for the "big games" they seem to be doing a roaring trade. As others have said, if it wasn't worth their while then they'd not do it again and again and again

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For sure - but every time I've seen the tat vendors outside Brighton Station for the "big games" they seem to be doing a roaring trade. As others have said, if it wasn't worth their while then they'd not do it again and again and again

True I guess, I obviously must miss out on a lot that goes on on the on the other side of the train tracks, arriving by NWSS coach, l only get to see the bit between the Coach Park and the entrance to the WSL.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I did get a close look at a half and half scarf yesterday, honestly these things are poor, the team badges look like a six year old has designed them.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I did get a close look at a half and half scarf yesterday, honestly these things are poor, the team badges look like a six year old has designed them.

Think that's on purpose so they can't get done for using registered trademarks etc. Similarly they'll never say BHAFC but instead just Brighton as place names aren't protected legally like that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Heard tales of people that live locally but don't support Albion buy membership at start of season for sole purpose of going to see "their" team when they visit.

Or even those who have season tickets and just go to the big matches. Non attenders should have their season tickets cancelled if a large amount of no shows

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
So encouraging to see so many in the home end today.

At a time when the country is so divided it brought a tear to my eye that so many fans can cross divides through the medium of knitwear.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I am sure the blokes selling them had Liverpool accents!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Now if only there was a shop selling official Albion merchandise to buy as souvenirs to remember a visit to the Amex. :rolleyes:

No one said they were supporting Albion; as they were all under 10 they probably don't know who they support...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Unbeliever, they have no much potential to bring about world unity - just open your heart and imagine.

==Leave | Remain==
==Corbyn | May==
==Israel | Palestinian ==

I'm knitting a Billy Bragg / Phil Collins scarf for Beachy.

Britain/European Union (that would be one 'ell of a scarf!!)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How much do they cost? (before the game)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
True I guess, I obviously must miss out on a lot that goes on on the on the other side of the train tracks, arriving by NWSS coach, l only get to see the bit between the Coach Park and the entrance to the WSL.

I actually meant Brighton Station. You can't move for the scarf sellers when a top 6 side is in town.

Jul 7, 2003
Used to seeing the wide boys selling these outside of Brighton station and also by the entrance to Falmer station. Was more surprised to see someone selling them next to the programme hut as I assumed that was club property.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Broad cockney the ones outside Brighton station...

All Scousers selling outside Falmer station on Saturday. Presumably if they can sell enough it pays for the away ticket and travel?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here