Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Half and Half Scarves

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find it astonishing that so many people walking round wearing a half and half completely lack the self-awareness to appreciate that everyone else thinks they are an utter dickhead.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I find it astonishing that so many people walking round wearing a half and half completely lack the self-awareness to appreciate that everyone else thinks they are an utter dickhead.

Tho not so much of a dickhead as the dickheads in full strength Albion scarves FALLING OVER EACH OTHER, all self respect abandoned, for a selfie-fied glimpse of the footballing gods of Liverpool FC emerging amongst us mere mortals from their big red bus. See the photos and WEEP.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But they don't do they?! Although as Barber has shown, any nonsense is perfectly possible.

The club would surely then need to pay to licence the name and logo of the opposition club. The p*keys would therefore always be able to undercut the club as they only have the cost of producing their quality gear.

I just can't get my head around why any BHAFC fan would want a half 'n' half scarf. Maybe I could understand why a Div 2 or non-league fan might want one if they got drawn against a PL giant in the FA Cup...........but only maybe............

i'd expect there would be a league approved scheme to share logos for official merchandise. they arent my cup of tea, i've bought one for my lads first game, and annoyed club didnt offer anything and i had to buy from hawker. if people want to buy thats up to them, theres a market for them and if the club dont sell cant cry about money not going to the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tho not so much of a dickhead as the dickheads in full strength Albion scarves FALLING OVER EACH OTHER, all self respect abandoned, for a selfie-fied glimpse of the footballing gods of Liverpool FC emerging amongst us mere mortals from their big red bus. See the photos and WEEP.

Oh don't even get me started.

I was unfortunate enough to have timed my walk to the WSU turnstile just after the big red bus had parked outside, and so had to force my way through an enormous gaggle of starstruck COCKSPANGLES almost breaking their necks in an effort to catch a glimpse of a bunch of disinterested footballers in massive headphones loping from the coach to the door. Put me in a right grump.

Seriously. What is the MATTER with these people ? FFS.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh don't even get me started.

I was unfortunate enough to have timed my walk to the WSU turnstile just after the big red bus had parked outside, and so had to force my way through an enormous gaggle of starstruck COCKSPANGLES almost breaking their necks in an effort to catch a glimpse of a bunch of disinterested footballers in massive headphones loping from the coach to the door. Put me in a right grump.

Seriously. What is the MATTER with these people ? FFS.

COCKSPANGLES :lolol:

:goal:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
They were even selling them round the back of Brighton station just after midday today. Must be worth their while I suppose, but just seems a lot of effort to go to for a mickey mouse profit. Even if they cost thruppence apiece to churn out, could you seriously be arsed with the aggro of touting them as a one-off. Subtract your transport costs and having to sell unused stock half price after the game and it's really really hard so see where there's much profit to be made.o

Often wondered about this myself, and the conclusion I've come to is that the excess stock must get unstitched and re-used by a supplier. So they can offer them out on a sale/return basis (maybe the "return" rate builds in a loss for the vendor, but not a full loss) so that warehouse holds boxes and boxes of half scarves, with seamstresses who stitch them together in a few seconds, and issue them back out to vendors who want them for the next opportunity.

I still think the economics barely work, but there must be some re-use of unsold scarves, or the losses at the end of the day would make it all less than worthwhile.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Im sure it goes on. And there’s not a lot the club can do about it even if people feel they should.

I know someone who doesn't support the Albion but has a membership here and where he works/lives most of the time so he can watch Premier League and Championship football wherever he is at the time. On the subject of scarves I've only ever bought them twice - for the semi and final of our Europa League adventure - on the assumption that they were probably going to once in a lifetime experiences. Which this season is proving to be true.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
come back with that argument when the club sell them.

But Albion fans buy these half and half scarves and wear them, i don't wear a football scarf to matches but if I wanted an Albion scarf I would go into the club shop or one of the mobile shops/stalls outside the Amex.

I don't really get why an Albion fan also wants to wear the colours of the team we are trying to beat.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
berlin-scarf_3227342b.jpg

Slightly obscure German side Tennis Borussia Berlin haven't got any 'friends' to share their half and half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here