Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the Day

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Thoroughly enjoyed Wilf’s wide eyed disbelief as Palace went down to another home defeat. Well worth the licence fee.

Like this on 87mins?

zaha.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I thought once you make a full international appearance then you're committed to that country?

Only once you've played in a competitive match.

It's how Zaha switched from England.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Does anyone know how much of each match they watch? After last night's "analysis" of our match, I wonder if they just get to see the edited version as broadcast rather than anything more than that... Genuinely interested to know what they are provided with prior to broadcast.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Does anyone know how much of each match they watch? After last night's "analysis" of our match, I wonder if they just get to see the edited version as broadcast rather than anything more than that... Genuinely interested to know what they are provided with prior to broadcast.

I always wondered this, I mean they cant have enough time to watch 90mins of every match. And often Ive moaned they have skipped moments in a match that I know happened. Im guessing they get extended, extended highlights? haha

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I guess they watch 10-15 mins of each game and get given a load of notes from other people, with sound bites And reference points, then a lot of it is cut/pasted into something coherent, if not virtually scripted, all done and dusted and down the pub by 8pm!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Listening to Lineker and Danny Baker, they spend the 90 minutes in a room with all games shown on giant screens. So they jump between the games based on incidents and I guess they didn't watch that much of our game as not much happened. So difficult to tell how much they watch but basically bits of live play and replays of major incidents would be my guess.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Listening to Lineker and Danny Baker, they spend the 90 minutes in a room with all games shown on giant screens. So they jump between the games based on incidents and I guess they didn't watch that much of our game as not much happened. So difficult to tell how much they watch but basically bits of live play and replays of major incidents would be my guess.

It was interesting that all the Liverpool chances got shown and only our chance with Gross got shown - Then all of a sudden when they were analysing the new makeshift Liverpool defence and they came up with 4 other Brighton attacks to analyse. If these chances had been shown on the main highlights it would have changed how the panellist analyse the match. That and also the potential hand ball by Van Dijk, which could have affected the match if given. These were all potential talking points

The programme is actually recorded early. Those interviews which they show on MOTD are all done within an hour and a half of the match. That's usually the latest. Managers are usually all done by then.

The TV programmes are put together by the ''Producer'' - Many of my clients are TV Producers and Editors. Producers choose the points to analyse and the Editors cut the highlights to bits to fit into the whole programme, so the Panellists are really only acting on instructions from the TV Producers - That suggests to me that the Producer yesterday was really only focussing on whether Liverpool's Title Ambitions were back on track.

Klopp analysed the game better. He openly said that this was a great but different type of performance by his team. He admitted it wasn't a sexy performance but he found a way to overcome our brilliant organisation. So for me I am more pleased with that recognition than from a BBC MOTD TV Producer who had a ''Set Agenda'' to analyse whether Liverpool's Title Challenge had been derailed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, I missed it last night - did we look good?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

We were not mentioned once. Once again we played the part of the Washington Generals; this time to Rashford. His game was perfect apparently. They didn't show or mention his petulant assault on Montoya and subsequent yellow card. It could have risked spoiling the narrative.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

New lows of MOTD last night. Liniker etc did not even mention us ONCE. Just spoke about ManUre. Only showed our goal and Murray's miss. Terrible program. It's like those outside the top 6 don't exist. We had 44% possession at OT and 7 shots.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We were not mentioned once. Once again we played the Washington Generals; this time to Rashford. His game was perfect apparently. They didn't show or mention his petulant assault on Montoya and subsequent yellow card. It could have risked spoiling the narrative.

Just watched it - most definitely this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
New lows of MOTD last night. Liniker etc did not even mention us ONCE. Just spoke about ManUre. Only showed our goal and Murray's miss. Terrible program. It's like those outside the top 6 don't exist. We had 44% possession at OT and 7 shots.

Which is why I stopped watching it a long time ago. It's biased and is always edited in favour of the top 6.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Looking forward to Goals on Sunday coverage, woefully biased from MOTD, I thought we had them on the ropes after the Groß goal. Thought that Pröpper cross would have definitely got a mention too.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Goals on Sunday was as c**p as MOTD, didnt mention Proppers sublime pass for our goal.
Neither programme mentioned Matics elbow into Muzzas face, which the ref didnt even book him for.
Just tweeted them to accuse them of Big 6 bais TV reporting just like the refereeing.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Saw motd this morn. Doesn't really bother me, but not to even get a mention in the post highlights analysis is a proper piss take. What a crock of sh*te

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here