Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the Day

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I get a bit fed up with some of our precious posters on NSC, but on this occasion I totally agree, not a chuffing word about our very good goal and how we pressurised them in the 2nd half.
And bugger me not a word again on MOTD2 and they had longer to discuss it, all about Rashford again.
It really makes my piss boil, so I am going to sign up to the NSC precious fans society because it looks like you have all been right all along.

kjgood

We really are the most precious of fans at times.

I'm sorry that you dont feel that anyone outside of the top six is worthy of a mention of the good things that they did in a game. MOTD is really really biased in praising the Liverpools and Manchester Uniteds/Cities (oh and Newcastles) but not everyone is a top six supporter. In the second half we gave a really good account of ourselves and the VT and commentary from the three experts in the studio should reflect what actually happened and not just thier love for the top six. if we played well or gave them a scare then that is what should be reported, if we were played off the park then again that is what should be reported.

The game was one of two halves, played off the park for 30 minutes in the first half, then a period of matching each other, then in the scond half maybe twenty minutes where we worried them. Whats so wrong about expecting an accurate report from a BBC that should be unbiased?

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lineker is paid £ 1.5m by the bbc and wants to keep the status quo, along with Shearer and all the other cronies they employ. The top 6 clubs sell the premier league across the World and they are where the money comes from. The BBC and these pundits therefore encourage the mini league of 6. Everyone else is an inconvenience ( except Leicester City for Lineker he always managed to squeeze in them ) They would all prefer a mini league of 6 playing each other 8 times a season or a european league. Brighton and Hove Albion are small fry and a triviality to them and it will always be the case

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The biggest problem faced by any highlights programme is simply time ..... 90 minutes to show and debate an average 7 Saturday games (sometimes they have as little as 6 worst case scenario 5) just isnt enough to get a fair quality coverage that does justice to all the teams. OK some games could be 0-0 but even they can be entertaining and yet a 4-0 drubbing by City is kinda same old same old.

Both the Liverpool & Utd games were edited in such a way as to almost make it look like we didnt give anything to the game & was a stroll in the park for the opposition ... a different cut and blend by an unbiased editor would have given a rough 60-40% split between Albion and the opposition in highlight terms but then that would only please a relatively smallish Albion fan base instead of the much bigger Pool & Utd fan base. The same must be said in the majority of cases for the pundits who rarely say much other than to say CH has done a wonderful job and we wont get relegated (last bit only recently though).

The only choice fans have is to judge for themselves when they can by either going to the game or by searching out live coverage , legal or illegal to get a fair , unbiased and unedited account of what really happened at a game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
a different cut and blend by an unbiased editor would have given a rough 60-40% split between Albion and the opposition in highlight terms but then that would only please a relatively smallish Albion fan base instead of the much bigger Pool & Utd fan base.

I think everyone understands MOTD will lean towards the big clubs (putting them further up the running order), but it's disappointing that it affects the narrative. It's blatant editorial bias.

Tbh, I think the best way to deal with it is to simply not watch it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Used to quite like Danny Murphy but the bloke is an absolute weapon.

Particularly didn't like his smug large head when he said " I believe now " and went on to say how Liverpool only have 3 or so hard games left.

Piss off Murphy you nob. Hope Liverpool f k it right up just for you

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Was watching a bit of the EFL show on Sky the other night. Our Liam and David Prutton discussing all the Championship games. Excellent, unbiased, knowledgeable analysis on every team. A different World to the MOTD DULLARDS.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst finding live streams of football matches is a fairly trivial task I'm yet to find anywhere reliable offering links to highlights of recent matches. Could someone suggest somewhere I could look? Would save having to engage with MOTD.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I suspect it's not so much a deliberate bias toward the big 6 teams, but more that these teams and their (eye-openingly expensive) players are generally more talked about, more analysed, meaning it's easier for the pundits to feel comfortable giving their opinions - indolence, not insolence.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I'm sorry that you dont feel that anyone outside of the top six is worthy of a mention of the good things that they did in a game. MOTD is really really biased in praising the Liverpools and Manchester Uniteds/Cities (oh and Newcastles) but not everyone is a top six supporter. In the second half we gave a really good account of ourselves and the VT and commentary from the three experts in the studio should reflect what actually happened and not just thier love for the top six. if we played well or gave them a scare then that is what should be reported, if we were played off the park then again that is what should be reported.

The game was one of two halves, played off the park for 30 minutes in the first half, then a period of matching each other, then in the scond half maybe twenty minutes where we worried them. Whats so wrong about expecting an accurate report from a BBC that should be unbiased?

The highlights were very poor, they showed our goal, which I think we in the 72nd minute, the next clip they showed was the ref blowing the whistle. Its as if the final 20 minutes didn't happen.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I've emailed the BBC to complain about their MOTD bias towards the top 6. Have requested a response. Will be interesting to see what they have to say.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This thing about one-sided highlights isn't new. Back in the old first division days we played Forest at the Goldstone, and were on MoTD or the ITV one - and in those days they used to show around 20 minutes of the featured games, not just the goals and a few chances like now. It was a cracking game, can't remember the score now, it was either a draw or we narrowly lost. We had two goals disallowed, and loads of chances. Watching the highlights later I couldn't believe it was the same game, it was all Forest - didn't even show the non-goals.

Ever since then I've been doubtful about what they show and whether it was a true reflection of whatever game it was.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I suspect it's not so much a deliberate bias toward the big 6 teams, but more that these teams and their (eye-openingly expensive) players are generally more talked about, more analysed, meaning it's easier for the pundits to feel comfortable giving their opinions - indolence, not insolence.

Plus there is the fact that far more people who watch the programme, both at home and abroad, are much more interested in the top 6 than in the rest of us. They have to consider their audience.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeah, but sometimes we've been featured third or fourth and literally NOT BEEN MENTIONED. :ffsparr:

Agree 100%. I honestly thought we were on last more often. It felt like it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here