Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenitsuj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oriental is fine to use.
    Well, very few Western people would get upset by it but you are effectively calling a person "it". I can't say I'd like to be referred to as "it". It's not racist, it's incorrect and it's rude.

If people are happy to continue to be wrong even after they have been politely corrected then yes, that's fine. I suppose it depends on what standards one holds oneself to.
    Last edited by The Clamp; 12-01-2019 at 21:39.
    Love Great Britain
    Love the EU
    Love Inclusion and Progression.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

1 Not allowed!
      Oriental is fine to use.
      Not to an East Asian, but Iím assuming you donít care what they think hence the tepid trolling
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      A sign of progress ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      I think it's quite SWEET that we get football tourists nowadays. Where's the harm?
      There was a Japanese lad in front of us taking photos every time Liverpool got a free kick (which was frequently).
      There were three Japanese spending money in the club shop after the game, when I was buying my Gully gnome for the garden.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

2 Not allowed!
      A bit like any one of us who ever did a mini-break to Barcelona or Munich or Milan did where it coincided with a home game. Why would you NOT go?
      I did one of those nearly 20 years ago for a Juve match at their old stadium - bloody loved it. Turned up without tickets, bought from a tout outside the ground, Del Piero scored and both sets of fans spent the whole game throwing flares at one another and waving flags (not the poxy little ones we have on our seats once a year!!)

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      Not to an East Asian, but I’m assuming you don’t care what they think hence the tepid trolling
      Never assume as you end up looking stupid.
      I just asked my wife if She finds it offensive and she said no and she cannot understand why anyone would, especially those who are not oriental/asian.

She is 'East Asian.
      Last edited by bluenitsuj; 12-01-2019 at 21:58.
      Swillis 15/09/2018
      "Zaha is a good player buts he's no Anthony Knockaert, christ he isn't even as good as Will Buckley".

1 Not allowed!
      I had a very informed conversation with a 60 year old Liverpool fan on the train home who has been there, seen that, and done the lot. He had the same accent as me and he was from Eastbourne. I really hope Liverpool win the league.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

13 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      Well, very few Western people would get upset by it but you are effectively calling a person "it". I can't say I'd like to be referred to as "it". It's not racist, it's incorrect and it's rude.

If people are happy to continue to be wrong even after they have been politely corrected then yes, that's fine. I suppose it depends on what standards one holds oneself to.
      My wife is oriental/asian and is not offended and cannot understand why she should be offended by it.
      Thank you for politely correcting me but I think my wife has a more relevant point of view from the horses mouth so to speak.
      Swillis 15/09/2018
      "Zaha is a good player buts he's no Anthony Knockaert, christ he isn't even as good as Will Buckley".

5 Not allowed!
      Why not just let it all wash over you and do your normal matchday thing? Like I said earlier, where's the harm in letting tourists attend and do their tourist thing. Fair play for sourcing an Amex ticket IMHO
      If they ( tourist ) have paid for a ticket then why not? There are plenty on NSC who never go to a game ( home or away) and all they do is constantly moan. The tourist is putting money into the club....I have seen many asian 'tourists' buying shirts in the shop.. ( and its not my wife even though shes Asian and a ST holder)
      K55 BHA

1 Not allowed!
      I just asked my wife if She finds it offensive and she said no and she cannot understand why anyone would, especially those who are not oriental/asian.

She is 'East Asian.
      You can't determine that a word is not offensive by the word of one person.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee