Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Liverpool (H)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
CMS would give us more energy than Murray.....but still didn't impact the match

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Well I thought we looked better with him on the pitch than Murray. I take it you disagree?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Button 6 Apart from some poor distribution ok
Bong 6 Defensive ok. Hopeless attacking. Gets in good positions and just kicks and hopes. What is wrong with looking for a team mate although to be fair most are on half way line
Dunk 8 Against very good players did well.
Duffy 7 Played well
Montoya 6 OK against good players but compared to Bruno offers nothing going forward.
Stevens 5 Offers nothing going forward
Propper 5 We are at home why play so deep.
Gross 3 i am afraid has had his day ,Hopeless
Locardia 6 So often poor first touch and never looks like going past defender
Murray 4 Did nothing but never any support. Dont think won a header all game
March 3 Waste of space. Attacking wise all he wants to do is get rid of ball. Had several chances to drive into box but just laid it of or crossed to defender.
Manager 2 If you set up with no interest in attacking and come away with a draw deserve praise. However we lost. It was a home game and showed no attacking intent for 80 mins. It was just like a div 2 side playing a cup game against a premier side and getting every body behind ball. For goodness sake we are in the same division give it a bit of a go. No comparison to how Wolves approached there game. It was most comfortable 1.0 win I have seen

Wow

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Button 6 Apart from some poor distribution ok
Bong 6 Defensive ok. Hopeless attacking. Gets in good positions and just kicks and hopes. What is wrong with looking for a team mate although to be fair most are on half way line
Dunk 8 Against very good players did well.
Duffy 7 Played well
Montoya 6 OK against good players but compared to Bruno offers nothing going forward.
Stevens 5 Offers nothing going forward
Propper 5 We are at home why play so deep.
Gross 3 i am afraid has had his day ,Hopeless
Locardia 6 So often poor first touch and never looks like going past defender
Murray 4 Did nothing but never any support. Dont think won a header all game
March 3 Waste of space. Attacking wise all he wants to do is get rid of ball. Had several chances to drive into box but just laid it of or crossed to defender.
Manager 2 If you set up with no interest in attacking and come away with a draw deserve praise. However we lost. It was a home game and showed no attacking intent for 80 mins. It was just like a div 2 side playing a cup game against a premier side and getting every body behind ball. For goodness sake we are in the same division give it a bit of a go. No comparison to how Wolves approached there game. It was most comfortable 1.0 win I have seen

And there was me thinking I was at the game.

:lolol:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Button 6.5
Montoya 6.5
Dunk 8
Duffy 7.5
Bong 7.5
Stephens 6.5
Propper 7.5
March 6
Gross 6
Locadia 7
Murray 6

Knocky 6
Andone 6
Kayal 6

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That is a team that has only lost to Man City in the league. Serious title contenders with a £75m defender. They got a lucky three points today. A draw would have been fair.

Hats off to the starting 11 and the subs.

How the hell does Chris fit in Bissouma, Ali J, Jose when fit and keep Andone, Knocky and Kayal happy on the bench? And even Bongy had a great game today, so Bernardo might struggle t o get back in immediately.

The quality of the squad showed in the result today and our position in the table thus far. Happy days being a Brighton fan.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Button 6.5 Any worries about him seem to have been dispelled. Distribution not so good though
Montoya 6
Dunk 8
Duffy 7.5
Bong 7 Good game but was out of position for their goal
Stephens 6 He's been improving but today was a step backwards
Propper 6 See above
March 6 Started playing better before he was subbed
Gross 5 Disappointing and a terrible penalty to give away
Locadia 6.5
Murray 6 Up against the best centre back I've seen in a long time

Knocky 7 Improved us
Andone 6
Kayal 6

Strange performance where as a team we were very hard to play against but individual unforced errors destroyed any sort of momentum we tried to build. Coupled with the officials giving us nothing and them nearly everything, we just couldn't get going.

Disappointing and frustrating but shows how far we've come.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Button 7 - didn’t really have anything to do. Kicking was mixed but he claimed a lot of high balls well.
Montoya 8 - marshalled his side well.
Duffy 8 - very good.
Dunk 8 - also very good.
Bong 7 - good defensively, totally irrelevant offensively. The quicker Bernardo is back the better.
March 7.5 - excellent defensively and one of our only attacking threats. We looked much less of a threat after his substitution.
Gross 3 - he needs to start improving. Today was a poor performance. Poor in offensive positions and gave away the penalty. Not mobile enough for the 3 in midfield.
Stephens 5 - a mixed bag. Struggles against pace, mobility and good movement. Lucky not to get booked. Gave the ball away frequently and slowed down attacks.
Propper 6.5 - decent without really imposing himself as he has recently.
Locadia 7.5 - a good threat down that side and worked back well.
Murray 3 - just shouldn’t have been picked. It wasn’t the game for him and he was so easy to nullify for them.

Subs
Knockaet 6 - did okay without ever creating anything.
Andone 6 - hassled then but not given a ton of service
Kayal n/a - wasn’t on for long enough

CH 6 - set the team up very defensively. Picking Murray was simply the wrong choice. But the biggest issue I have is how he reacted to going 1-0 down. He changed personnel without changing anything systematically and this totally played into Liverpool’s hands. It’s a shame after such positive performances lately. Ultimately though, we lost due to a mistake and defended resolutely today. An in form Gross could’ve been a huge difference maker for us today, rather than against us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That is a team that has only lost to Man City in the league. Serious title contenders with a £75m defender. They got a lucky three points today. A draw would have been fair.

Hats off to the starting 11 and the subs.

How the hell does Chris fit in Bissouma, Ali J, Jose when fit and keep Andone, Knocky and Kayal happy on the bench? And even Bongy had a great game today, so Bernardo might struggle t o get back in immediately.

The quality of the squad showed in the result today and our position in the table thus far. Happy days being a Brighton fan.

I share your feelings! Some people might need reminding that we lost this fixture 1-5 last season. lots of pundit comments about how well Liverpool did to grind out a result when not playing well, but seem to ignore that we are well organised and CAN DEFEND!

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I share your feelings! Some people might nee reminding that we lost this fixture 1-5 last season. lots of pundit comments about how well Liverpool did to grind out a result when not playing well, but seem to ignore that we are well organised and CAN DEFEND!

We can defend! I'm still staggered that this lot didn't even start today - incredible:

Ryan
Balogan - Bernardo
Knocky - Kayal - Ali J - Jose - Bissouma
Andone

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool just weren't at the races today. It was almost as if there was another team on the pitch.

I thought CH expertedly didn’t allow them to play and play the type of game they wanted, especially first half.

Although in doing that CH is now being criticised by a few other posters who thought he chose the wrong team and by Wrighty on MOTD who was very unimpressed with our unadventurous approach.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
6 = average

Button 6 - Marked down 1 for some truly awful kicking 2nd half. Doing well but Maty needn't worry.
Montoya 7 - Kept Mane very quiet
Duffy 7 - Just a shame we didn't force a few more set pieces
Dunk 8 - MOTM. Assured.
Bong 6 - Good defensively but just not a good enough footballer for this level, why was he STILL outside our box when Gross fouled Salah. We missed Bernado today.
March 5 - So frustrating. The lad has real talent but looks scared to use it. Bottled a 1 on 1 chance with Van Dyck 2nd half and was hooked a few minutes later.
Stephen 7 - I thought this was his best game since Utd.
Propper 7 - Excellent first half, faded a bit second.
Locadia 7 - See Propper. Massive improvement since we switched formation.
Gross 5 - OK first half, awful second. Needs to improve and quickly if he wants to retain his starting place.
Murray 4 - Totally slowed us down. The header was very difficult to score from but he still has to hit the target. Not the game to start him in IMO as we were always going to set up more as the away side.

Knockaert 6.5 - Actually started to run at them and they didn't like it.
Andone 6 - Should have started IMO. Will be disappointed with half chance near the end. Must start at Old Trafford.
Kayal n/a - Should have replaced Gross earlier.

Hughton 6 - I agree we had to keep it tight but I thought he waited too long to change it once we went behind, plus Andone should have started.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Button 6
Montoya 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 7
March 5 (Knockaert 66min, 5)
Groß 5 (Kayal 79min, 5)
Stephens 6
Pröpper 6
Locadia 6
Murray 5 (Andone 66min, 6)

Solid defence against one of the best teams in Europe.

On the negative side an abysmal game of football to watch from both sides, with us failing to hit the target once and Liverpool only three times.

Liverpool didn't look like a top of the table side, but as we are told on numerous occasions by pundits and media alike, this is the best league in the world, really?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Button - 6 - Had surprisingly little to do
Montoya - 7 - solid against Mane
Bong - 7 - Had a good game. Put a couple of decent crosses in
Duffy - 7 - MOTM - an absolute beast of a performance again
Dunk - 7 - Solid
Stephens - 7 - Put in a very good shift. Wasteful a couple of times but pivotal in stopping them dominating the game
Propper - 6 - Much less influence than in the Christnas fixtures
Gross - 5 - A fantastic ball for Murray in the first half but gave away a soft penalty and had could have done better with that chance in the second half
March - 5 -A pretty typical performance, workmanlike and protected his full back well but little threat. That said, lovely ball for Locadia when offside
Locadia - 6 - involved in all of our better moments,Some great passing
Murray - 5 - He's in the team to take chances like that first half header

Knockaert - 7 - Added some much needed energy
Andone - 6 - Better than Murray. Should be starting
Kayal - 6 - Little influence

I think your assessment is about right

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought CH expertedly didn’t allow them to play and play the type of game they wanted, especially first half.

Although in doing that CH is now being criticised by a few other posters who thought he chose the wrong team and by Wrighty on MOTD who was very unimpressed with our unadventurous approach.

Thought Hughton did brilliantly, however I would have had Andone starting as Murray offers very little in terms of ‘out’ ball.

Every time we cleared it, they just started again.

With their full backs pushed up when they were attacking, there was always a hole to exploit when we got the ball. Andone would have offered that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
watched via stream 6 = satisfactory

Button 6 Did all that was expected of him
Montoya 6 Competent all round performance
Duffy 7 Usual reliability
Dunk 6.5 Generally rteliable but too many errors
Bong 7 Good performance defending and getting forward but final cross could have been better at times
March 5 So much ability but infuriating
Stephens 7 Did for us what Henderson did for them
Propper 6 Not one of his best performances but still not the weak link
Gross 5 Poor game generally and terrible penalty to concede
Locadia 6 Showed good signs but not enough opf them
Murray 5 Won nothing wasted afternoon

Knockaert 6 Added some life and pace
Andone 6 As per AK better than GM by a mile
Kayal 5 Not on long enough to really judge but no improvement on Gross

Ref: 5 Should note there are 2 teams on the pitch not just the 'big team'

CH 6 Positive subs at the right time unfortunately didnt work as once they scored the game was over as we wouldn't haw scored if still playing now. More a question of stopping a 2nd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here