Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Button - 6 - Had surprisingly little to do
Montoya - 7 - solid against Mane
Bong - 7 - Had a good game. Put a couple of decent crosses in
Duffy - 7 - MOTM - an absolute beast of a performance again
Dunk - 7 - Solid
Stephens - 7 - Put in a very good shift. Wasteful a couple of times but pivotal in stopping them dominating the game
Propper - 6 - Much less influence than in the Christnas fixtures
Gross - 5 - A fantastic ball for Murray in the first half but gave away a soft penalty and had could have done better with that chance in the second half
March - 5 -A pretty typical performance, workmanlike and protected his full back well but little threat. That said, lovely ball for Locadia when offside
Locadia - 6 - involved in all of our better moments,Some great passing
Murray - 5 - He's in the team to take chances like that first half header

Knockaert - 7 - Added some much needed energy
Andone - 6 - Better than Murray. Should be starting
Kayal - 6 - Little influence

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stephens plays on a knife edge of being condemned by some very vocal fans for any imperfect moment. I was surrounded by people who went berserk when he passed it back during a (well defended) attack. Other players don’t appear to be judged so harshly.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stephens plays on a knife edge of being condemned by some very vocal fans for any imperfect moment. I was surrounded by people who went berserk when he passed it back during a (well defended) attack. Other players don’t appear to be judged so harshly.

Quite, I think I know the moment.
Montoya was offside and there were no other options, so correctly maintained possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Thought Gross played well today personally. Made some mistakes, sure, but looked to be the one who might open them up. Superb pass to Murray first half who should have put us 1-0 up.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Montoya was offside and there were no other options, so correctly maintained possession.

Exactly that. DS spotted it and saw that everyone was closely marked in that moment. He did exactly as Henderson and Wijnaldum did countless times, kept possession, then started all over again.

I sat in new area, WSU, and I was surprised by how much people explode with a quality Albion player.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Button 6 Apart from some poor distribution ok
Bong 6 Defensive ok. Hopeless attacking. Gets in good positions and just kicks and hopes. What is wrong with looking for a team mate although to be fair most are on half way line
Dunk 8 Against very good players did well.
Duffy 7 Played well
Montoya 6 OK against good players but compared to Bruno offers nothing going forward.
Stevens 5 Offers nothing going forward
Propper 5 We are at home why play so deep.
Gross 3 i am afraid has had his day ,Hopeless
Locardia 6 So often poor first touch and never looks like going past defender
Murray 4 Did nothing but never any support. Dont think won a header all game
March 3 Waste of space. Attacking wise all he wants to do is get rid of ball. Had several chances to drive into box but just laid it of or crossed to defender.
Manager 2 If you set up with no interest in attacking and come away with a draw deserve praise. However we lost. It was a home game and showed no attacking intent for 80 mins. It was just like a div 2 side playing a cup game against a premier side and getting every body behind ball. For goodness sake we are in the same division give it a bit of a go. No comparison to how Wolves approached there game. It was most comfortable 1.0 win I have seen

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Stop bringing rational thinking to a witch hunt.

What did Andone do to warrant a 6?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Probably didn't deserve it but I loved his fast control (unfortunately with hand) and immediate attempt to catch Allison off his line. Clever player, wish we saw more of him.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Button 6

Montoya 7
Dunk 8
Duffy 7
Bong 7

March 5
Stephens 7
Pröpper 7
Locadia 5

Groß 4

Murray 5

Thoughts:

We did ok, but we never looked like scoring.

Andone has to start ahead of Murray regardless of our opponents.

Groß hasn't had a good game all season and was one of the weakest links again today. Loses an extra point for costing us the game-winning goal and throwing away our good work in the first half.

Bong and Montoya did well defensively but offered little going forward, weren't helped by the fact March and Locadia had off days.

Button's distribution was poor compared to how it has been, but he's doing alright.

We didn't disgrace ourselves but it's a bit disappointing that we didn't really give it a go at exploiting their defence.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Button 6 - dealt with everything thrown at him but kicking a bit wayward

Montoya 6 - mainly solid but guilty of overplaying a couple of times which put us in danger

Dunk and Duffy 7 - usual commanding performance from both

Bong 7 - solid and given have many games he has not featured slotted in seamlessly

March 6 - defensively solid but would have liked to see him collecting the ball more in wide positions

Stephens 5 - off day for Dale very wasteful in possession today which is out of character

Propper 6 - not his most effective display

Locadia 6 - has a surprisingly good range of passing and made himself available on the flank. Had to play more of defensive role today which was never going to show us the best of him

Gross 6 - few good crosses and touches but penalty was naive

Murray 5 - was glad to see him starting as thought he could harass and bully their centre halves but was out of sorts today

Subs

Andone 5 - did not really make any impact

Kayal 5 - did not really make any impact

Knocky 6.5 - looked to take the game to them when he came on and helped push their fullback into their own half

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Thought Gross played well today personally. Made some mistakes, sure, but looked to be the one who might open them up. Superb pass to Murray first half who should have put us 1-0 up.
I thought he was awful and has been for most the season. Slow, ponderous, gave the ball away, had a shocker for the pen. Three out of ten.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Button 6 - dealt with everything thrown at him but kicking a bit wayward

Montoya 6 - mainly solid but guilty of overplaying a couple of times which put us in danger

Dunk and Duffy 7 - usual commanding performance from both

Bong 7 - solid and given have many games he has not featured slotted in seamlessly

March 6 - defensively solid but would have liked to see him collecting the ball more in wide positions

Stephens 5 - off day for Dale very wasteful in possession today which is out of character

Propper 6 - not his most effective display

Locadia 6 - has a surprisingly good range of passing and made himself available on the flank. Had to play more of defensive role today which was never going to show us the best of him

Gross 6 - few good crosses and touches but penalty was naive

Murray 5 - was glad to see him starting as thought he could harass and bully their centre halves but was out of sorts today

Subs

Andone 5 - did not really make any impact

Kayal 5 - did not really make any impact

Knocky 6.5 - looked to take the game to them when he came on and helped push their fullback into their own half

Stephens played very well. Normally I sit in the NS, but today from WSU I could watch DS expertly marshalling the second ‘bank of 4’, in synch with the back 4. Closing space, preventing passing angles and tracking runners. Teams without a DS get torn apart by that opposition.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I thought he was awful and has been for most the season. Slow, ponderous, gave the ball away, had a shocker for the pen. Three out of ten.

Never like to single players out, but hard to disagree with this. He has been incredibly poor lately, and a couple of assists from set pieces does not make up for the impact a player like Bissouma (even Kayal) could make throughout a match in his stead.

I think he is struggling to fit in since we changed our formation.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

Funny old game. Thought he was noticably our worst player. Terribly slow, ineffective other than one cross. Thought we looked better when Kayal came on

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here