Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The assistant referee on the south side

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How on Earth can he have been looking both at the pass and the run for the Locadia offside in the first half? Not even Marty Feldman could have possible seen both.

He might have been right, he might not, not seen it back. But the point is I don't see how he could have known, he must have guessed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
How on Earth can he have been looking both at the pass and the run for the Locadia offside in the first half? Not even Marty Feldman could have possible seen both.

He might have been right, he might not, not seen it back. But the point is I don't see how he could have known, he must have guessed.

In order to guess, you would be giving a random decision. His decisions were never random.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Never seen an official so blatant in their bias.

Yep. Surprised more haven't been talking about it, I happen to sit exactly level when the ball behind their back line was played. There is absolutely no way he could have known, it was a guess. If he was convinced he was off then there was no reason not to flag Locadia immediately as he was our only player affecting play, yet he delayed hoisting it until it looked potentially dangerous. Shameful.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep. Surprised more haven't been talking about it, I happen to sit exactly level when the ball behind their back line was played. There is absolutely no way he could have known, it was a guess. If he was convinced he was off then there was no reason not to flag Locadia immediately as he was our only player affecting play, yet he delayed hoisting it until it looked potentially dangerous. Shameful.

That was only one of the errors he made. Their player was offside late on, and of course he didn't flag. There were other incidents too. And he also decided to give numerous free kicks to them, when the actual referee was well placed to make the decision. Never seen such a one-sided display.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
It seemed everytime a Liverpool player waved about appealing for something they gave it . Worst officiating ive seen for some time at home tbh.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just watched the Sky highlights. Was keen to see the Locadia (first half) and Murray (second half) offsides as I didn’t think either was correct. Both were off by the slightest margin, both frustrating, but brilliant decisions

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just watched the Sky highlights. Was keen to see the Locadia (first half) and Murray (second half) offsides as I didn’t think either was correct. Both were off by the slightest margin, both frustrating, but brilliant decisions

The Locadia one was a good guess imo, didn’t look up with play well enough to make a considered decision. I got the impression that all the officials were actually looking to give Liverpool the decisions. No way they only committed just 5 fouls all game either imo

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Locadia was pure guess work. No way could he have known that he wasn't anywhere near in line.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here