Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hand car wash in Brighton

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Anyone recommend a good car wash in Brighton that can do a basic wash without leaving my car a mess of smears, smudges and dribbles? The guys at the Racecourse used to do a brilliant job, but they seem to have disappeared. Sorry to detract from the excitement of match day, but my car is SO grubby.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
You could try Hollingbury Asda - that's my wife's preferred option. A team in the car park will clean your car inside and out while you shop. It's always ready by the time she finishes her shop.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Dogs Bollox at the marina.
One of them is even English!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We always use Wizard Hand Car Wash in the Esso garage on Eastern Road. They do everything from basic wash to full valet. No complaints whatsoever. And they do a loyalty card, 10 washes and get one free.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
How much is that?

Actually, I've had a word with my wife, and she wouldn't recommend the Asda car park wash now after all. In recent times, they seem to have got more people involved to rotate the work, and the standard seems to be rather hit and miss, perhaps dependant on who you get doing it.

It's £20 for both inside and out, by the way, with other cheaper options available.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
We always use Wizard Hand Car Wash in the Esso garage on Eastern Road. They do everything from basic wash to full valet. No complaints whatsoever. And they do a loyalty card, 10 washes and get one free.

If that's the one down the ramp, Nr Rock St, then yes they are a good outfit. Tenner for a good outside job, windows inside and out, door edges, bit of gunk on your alloys etc. Nice lads too.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If that's the one down the ramp, Nr Rock St, then yes they are a good outfit. Tenner for a good outside job, windows inside and out, door edges, bit of gunk on your alloys etc. Nice lads too.

Yup, that's the one :thumbsup:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just a word to the wise here.
There was a car wash set up close to the new Lewes Road Aldi a few years ago. I only saw it for about a week but I do know the guy in charge is still in the area.
Anyway, I took my Transit van in for a wash and, being very security aware, locked the van whilst they worked on it. Well the boss guy tried to move me away out of sight of the van but I could still see hands checking every lock on the van. 100% sure they would have had something out of that van if it was unlocked.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Wouldn't recommend the one near Hove station who whacked their prices up and tried to tell my DD her Ford KA wasn't a small car!

She stood her ground. Takes after her mum!

They also left my car smeary as they were all concentrating like bees round a honeypot on someone in an expensive BMW.

Sainsburys on the old Shoreham Road did a good job of cleaning the outside of my car while I shopped the other month, cost a tenner (they try to ask for £15).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's wrong with doing it yourself. It will look filthy as soon as you go back on the road again anyway.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sainsburys on the old Shoreham Road did a good job of cleaning the outside of my car while I shopped the other month, cost a tenner (they try to ask for £15).

My wife agrees £10 for a clean and a polish on her Aygo and the car always looks good afterwards

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
What's wrong with doing it yourself. It will look filthy as soon as you go back on the road again anyway.

Because I am busy at work in the week, and can't reach the roof as I'm not the tallest lady! My kids are at University/other studies so not around to do it either.

A tenner is worth it and it looks good for quite a while afterwards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here