Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
We are 11/1 on Botfair to win this which has tempted me in for a few quid. Have also played Dunk and Duffy FGS 50/1 and 55/1 although the latter has since disappeared and is now 50/1 with Bet £3.65

Must be some big steaking punters on here as they have cut them to 40/1 and 16/1 anytime. Probably took about £20:D

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Cant wait for this. Obviously Liverpool will dominate possession and chances but we have a fair amount of goals in us this season and for the majority of the time we defend very well. Head says 0-3 but at the same time I have got a small feeling we could snatch a point or maybe even three. UTA

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
If Murray is played up front on his own we will be giving them 10 yards from the whistle and an open invitation for an 'Alamo' re-enactment. Andone please Chris.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm ok with Murray starting. He can hold up the ball and chase down their defence/lost causes for the first half. Hopefully we will still be in the game and Andone comes on with fresh legs. It's not the worst plan in the world. The good news is and that's how far we've advanced, I'd also be delighted if he's on the bench
Murray is better at starting, look how he played when he came on against Everton! It's pace we need against Liverpool. Andone for me but if Murray was to start I'm fine with that as long as Andone comes on early and not too late.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Today we are playing possibly the finest team in the land. Let's keep this in mind before slagging off our players for the slightest mistake. If the odd pass is mislaid, do not let this make us cry out in despair. I often get annoyed when I hear a groan from the crowd before realising it was just the same slight urghh or ahhh that I'd made myself X 30,000. Today we must try and curb this. 100% encouragement. When we went 1-0 down so early to Arsenal and 2-0 to Chelsea, I was guilty of saying 'Well, that's that then', but luckily this team showed more fight and belief than I did, not to mention class and ability in abundance. It's not really the perfectly natural odd moan and groan that I'm on about, but the idiots that scream bollocks at our players without taking into account the quality of opposition. This is possibly the greatest Albion team ever and in this squad we don't have a single player that wouldn't run through a brick wall for the team. So let's keep positive, if we go 1 or 2 down let's keep showing our appreciation of this great football club, which to be fair most of us do already, and who knows what could happen today. (If it gets to 0-3 then of course I'll be f***ing off home with the rest of you :lolol:)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Haven’t got a clue with this one.

If LFC play their best 11 and play as they did in the relentless wins up to New Year, it should be an away win.

But if they tit around with out of form players (Keita and Milner), it’s easy to see a result for the Albion.

I can’t see a big loss because CH is a great tactician, the Albion are in form and we finally have pace/nuisance factor across the forwards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if more Albion fans are expecting to get a win today at home to Liverpool than palace fans are at home to Watford?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder if more Albion fans are expecting to get a win today at home to Liverpool than palace fans are at home to Watford?

Since LFC match threads started incredibly early a week ago, there does seem optimism by circa half the fanbase of a win/draw today. Flying in the face of the bookies odds. Supporters bias or do they know something the rest of the world doesn’t?

There’s very little optimism when we play ManC or Chelsea. What’s the difference with this match?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Since LFC match threads started incredibly early a week ago, there does seem optimism by circa half the fanbase of a win/draw today. Flying in the face of the bookies odds. Supporters bias or do they know something the rest of the world doesn’t?

There’s very little optimism when we play ManC or Chelsea. What’s the difference wifh this match?

I think a combination of our home form plus the opposition has lost two games in a row, albeit one with a much weaker side in the cup.

They are good, however have a long injury list and need to bounce back so for once we are under no pressure as a free hit today on the tracker.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Chris will surprise us today, especially with a sub Centre Half in play. Murray and Andone up front. Stephens more holding. Gross, Propper and March in a midfield 3 with specific instruction to get near (keep occupied) Robertson and AA. After that, just need to quieten the most fearsome front 3 in football. No problem. 2-1 Albion. Hic!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

There’s very little optimism when we play ManC or Chelsea. What’s the difference wifh this match?

Big Jurg.

Although nothing can rival the NOT London Derby for excitement.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chris will surprise us today, especially with a sub Centre Half in play. Murray and Andone up front. Stephens more holding. Gross, Propper and March in a midfield 3 with specific instruction to get near (keep occupied) Robertson and AA. After that, just need to quieten the most fearsome front 3 in football. No problem. 2-1 Albion. Hic!

In his press conference he admitted the need for a defensive display ... he said even ManC now have to do that when playing LFC. I think caution will stil come first with March etc having to put a defensive shift in, but with the one or two supporting Murray or Andone in turns as quickly as possible. Robertson is class and used to opponents trying to put him under pressure, normally they end up trying to mark him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It would be a surprise if Murray starts.
A bit like the time my cat was sick in my slipper, that was also a surprise.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The only way we're going to get anything is an element of surprise and pace, therefore I don't see Murray as a viable option on his own, far too slow and predictable, and the refs are wishing up to his reversing intomdefender for free kicks, it's like he's got a beeper fitted!

Play him with Andone maybe, but that leaves us a mid fielder short, or a winger . . . A nice dilemma . . Which thankfully I don't have to resolve!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The only way we're going to get anything is an element of surprise and pace, therefore I don't see Murray as a viable option on his own, far too slow and predictable, and the refs are wishing up to his reversing intomdefender for free kicks, it's like he's got a beeper fitted!

Play him with Andone maybe, but that leaves us a mid fielder short, or a winger . . . A nice dilemma . . Which thankfully I don't have to resolve!
Hmmm disagree. Most likely source of a goal will be set pieces, corners etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hmmm disagree. Most likely source of a goal will be set pieces, corners etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Statistically the right answer as well

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here