Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This is [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]

flat,550x550,075,f.u7.jpg

There are obviously clear benefits to sitting in WSL

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's a great way to encourage new support.

Also a great way for those that can't afford normal tickets to get to a game. Our normal party of 5 season ticket holders is 8 strong for this game with two of us bringing our lads along, at just a fiver including travel it's a great way to get some younger fans in the door too.

I was in the WSU for the Arsenal game. View was awesome, but I didn't like it. Slightly removed from the action and a constant backdrop of people moaning about this player or that player.

It was a bit like watching the game on telly with NSC providing the commentary.

Think I'll be back in the cheap seats next time

Wow not sure I’ve read a more damning review than that 😄
Often wondered if the East Upper has the same problems or if the lack of the corporate tier mitigates somewhat

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
Same stand but t'other side of the touchline for me, and further back from the pitch, which will handy if it hisses down...... or snows.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Superbly handled this time round by the club. Perfect pricing, and expertly responding to demand at just the right time in terms of opening up stands when it becomes apparent they'll be used.

Really wish I could go to this one. Hope we get a home draw in round 5, because we'll probably sell out again if tickets are priced like that.

Perfect price. Other than that the club got it wrong again. Since the Palace Cup match whoever is predicting the attendances seems to be on a losing streak.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As the fans are treating this fixture seriously, let's hope we pick a side that makes it look like the whole club is treating it seriously as well.

We have to believe we have the strength to stay up, so why not have a pop at the cup.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Damning but not accurate, unless the poster has actually experienced all areas of WSU!

Nope just front of w1g for one game. To be honest it was really just the distance from the pitch I didn't like, I didn't feel part of the event. Same reason I always go in the stalls at the theatre, rather than up in the gods.

By way of complete contrast, Palace cup game last year I got a seat a few rows along from CH and the team and it was the most visceral experience I've had at the football, you could hear and feel every challenge, there was constant shouting from the benches, the players, it was just a totally different experience there.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Perfect price. Other than that the club got it wrong again. Since the Palace Cup match whoever is predicting the attendances seems to be on a losing streak.

We can all be clever in our predictions with the benefit of hindsight or when we have nothing to lose but I think the club have done this just right with winners all round - new fans, those who can’t afford PL prices, those who want to sit in new areas, those who want to take kids and friends. The support will hopefully ensure CH and the players take it seriously and progress to 5th round.

Oh, and 15 loyalty points!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We can all be clever in our predictions with the benefit of hindsight or when we have nothing to lose but I think the club have done this just right with winners all round - new fans, those who can’t afford PL prices, those who want to sit in new areas, those who want to take kids and friends. The support will hopefully ensure CH and the players take it seriously and progress to 5th round.

Oh, and 15 loyalty points!

Plus we may gain a few new fans.....win win....(edit I know you have just posted that :lolol:)

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was in the WSU for the Arsenal game. View was awesome, but I didn't like it. Slightly removed from the action and a constant backdrop of people moaning about this player or that player.

It was a bit like watching the game on telly with NSC providing the commentary.

Think I'll be back in the cheap seats next time

And I believe you were in my exact seats, so very front row of the WSU. I love those seats, and can't see me ever giving them up.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
I have three tickets (Adult/U21/U18) that I’m happy to give away to someone who perhaps can’t generally afford to take their family along to the Albion. Sat in the North. PM me.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I have three tickets (Adult/U21/U18) that I’m happy to give away to someone who perhaps can’t generally afford to take their family along to the Albion. Sat in the North. PM me.

Tsk! Asking for a ban. Also: a criminal offence.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Superbly handled this time round by the club. Perfect pricing, and expertly responding to demand at just the right time in terms of opening up stands when it becomes apparent they'll be used.

It was ruddy obvious as soon as they announced the KO time and pricing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here